Easy Check

K&KCRUISIN

In San Juan and it worked great! It was so nice not to deal with any luggage issues at the airport. It was available for Delta, American, Jet Blue, Continental, United, and USAIR. I do not know if that is port specific though.

We used the Easy Check in FLL last week. We had to get our luggage then proceed through customs. Just outside there were trucks where we handed over our bags. Believe it or not, they made it home with us. Princess gives you luggage tags to put on your bags then the airline puts on their tags for the flight.

We thought it was well worth the $15/person.

Has anyone used Princess easy check to check baggage directly from ship to airline? It sounds like a great idea. What airlines allow it? We are sailing from Fort Lauderdale next week and have a late flight when we return.

here's a scan from the front of the form with the times and airlines.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/expressluggage.pdf

Bill

here's a scan from the front of the form with the times and airlines.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/expressluggage.pdf

Bill

It's amusing that it's a "revolutionary new program"

When Grand Princess first entered service in '98 / '99,

they had the same system. Airlines were on board

-- go to this lounge for American, that lounge for Delta,

etc. You could check in with the airline, then deposit your

bags in a truck, after you had disembarked.

And, it was free.

I guess the revolutionary part is charging.

In San Juan and it worked great! It was so nice not to deal with any luggage issues at the airport. It was available for Delta, American, Jet Blue, Continental, United, and USAIR. I do not know if that is port specific though.

In December I e-mailed Bags Inc. about their service in San Juan. They replied that they are not currently handling bags for USAIR in San Juan. Apparently they do handle USAIR, just not at SJU. They told me to check back with them closer to our cruise date. If you want to check before you leave home, their website is www.airportbags.com

We used the Easy Check in FLL last week. We had to get our luggage then proceed through customs. Just outside there were trucks where we handed over our bags. Believe it or not, they made it home with us. Princess gives you luggage tags to put on your bags then the airline puts on their tags for the flight.

We thought it was well worth the $15/person.

One thread I read (or at least thought I read) stated that you didn't touch your luggage after you set it outside your cabin the night before. Am I understanding you correctly that you still claim your luggage in the customs area and then take it to a truck?

Thanks

We used in LAX on Feb. 1 returning on the Diamond. It was terrific. We had an 11pm redeye flight so dragging our bags around all day was not a pleasant prospect. We signed up for the service. We put our bags out at 8 pm on Thursday night and didn't see them again until we got to Cleveland at 7 a.m. on Saturday morning.

You have to have a flight leaving before midnight, going to a US airport, and you have to use the Princess transfer to LAX. We'd never do it any other way in the future.

One thread I read (or at least thought I read) stated that you didn't touch your luggage after you set it outside your cabin the night before. Am I understanding you correctly that you still claim your luggage in the customs area and then take it to a truck?

Thanks

No, I'm not sure how it works, but when we got off the Diamond in San P we looked for our luggage tag color, and when we asked a Princess rep she said that our bags were already at LAX and just to give our forms to customs as we left. I guess if customs wants to open them they just do it without you being there. We had TSA locks, and they didn't show that they had been opened.

We used this wonderful service recently on the Coral in FLL. The luggage was put outside at night but we had to claim our luggage in the morning - go through customs and then give the luggage to the handlers for Jet Blue.

A great way not to have your luggage all day when you have a late flight.

Do you have to purchase Princess transfers in addition to the $15 fee?

We didn't have to from FLL. The taxi driver loved us since we had no luggage. :-)

We had to claim our luggage at Fll and take it to the truck.

Thanks

Bill

On the form we got from the Diamond it said you needed the Princess transfers to LAX which were $25 pp one way. When I called Princess prior to the cruise they said you didn't need the transfers. But they wouldn't let us sign up for the luggage service without the transfers onboard so we paid.

So what if you have 4 people in your party and there are only 2 suitcases between you? Do you pay for 1 person, 2 people or all?

We are going on the 4 day cruise (FLL) with our sons and I know we will have no more than 2 "check in" bags. Our flight does not leave until 2:30, so I thought we could just carry around a couple of backpacks and walk to the 17th street area. I've heard that others do that when they are on a B2B and it would be better than sitting at the airport for 5 hours!

I figured we could get a taxi on 17th and get to the airport by 12:30 so we would have enough time to get through security. How long will the security line be with 2 ships in port?

In LA we just put our bags out the night before and did not see them again till Newark airport. I don't know if transfers were required because we did have them because of a 12:30 flight. Your flight must be after Noon.

In FLL last week they did require you to claim your bags and then give them to the porters to load on trucks.

Southwest only takes bags out of FLL for now....Hopefully they will expand their ports in the future...

I checked their web site. Southwest is not listed as one of the air carriers they work with. Have they been added recently?

I wonder what they do if you leave your luggage out the night before and your luggage gets to the airport and find it's over weight????

One of our bags had an orange tag saying Overweight--52 lbs. However, no one paged us at the airport before our flight, and we haven't heard a word since then from Continental. I was worried about it because we suspected the one bag might be overweight.

Some people on another thread said that you did not have to use the Princess transfers to the airport to use this service. Now some are saying that you do have to use Princess. I had planned to use Super Shuttle or some such shuttle service since it is a good bit less expensive than the Princess transfers for 2. How can I find out for sure before I book Super Shuttle since they will want to be paid by credit card when I book them?

Archived