Easy Check

K&KCRUISIN

We used the service from San Diego, and didn't have to touch our bags after putting them outside our cabin the night before. They met us in Phl, loved the service. It saved tips to baggage handlers, etc., and it was great not having to schlep them through customs, wait to check them in at the airport. etc.

It's amusing that it's a "revolutionary new program"

When Grand Princess first entered service in '98 / '99,

they had the same system. Airlines were on board

-- go to this lounge for American, that lounge for Delta,

etc. You could check in with the airline, then deposit your

bags in a truck, after you had disembarked.

And, it was free.

I guess the revolutionary part is charging.

That was the good old days, we got used to that service also, everything changed after 9/11, this option was no longer available until late 2005 or so with the NCL Bags/Princess Easy Check service.

Does anyone know if they're offering this service for the Alaska cruises out of Seattle?

This would be great because we don't leave until 5PM. I know they have they concierge service where they will hold your luggage for $3/each. If they will take it straight to the airport that would be even better so I won't have to return to the port and pickup and then go to the airport.

We also did this when leaving the Diamond on 2/16. We didn't learn about this until 10 days into the cruise (post-Hawaii). We put our bags outside before dinner on the last night and didn't see them again until we landed in MPLS the next night. It was wonderful. I don't know how much it costs to take the Supershuttle to LAX, but as another poster mentioned -- no need to tip, haul bags or anything. Saving on tips probably makes up for a higher fare. The lack of hassle was fabulous! Especially after the disembarking fiasco. Also, the trip to LAX was very smooth. Hardly waited at all for the Princess shuttle to leave and then no driving in LA. Wow! Nice way to end the trip. If it is available to you, I'd seriously think about it.

Susan

Just of the Dawn this past Sunday. Did the Easy Check since we were spending the day in San Diego. We had to sign up for it before 5pm thursday, and they want to know the flight info so you can get the boarding pass along with the tags delivered to your room. Princess tranfers were not required.

It's $15 a person. Put the luggage out saturday nite and picked it at JFK.

Did not have to deal with it at the pier, and since we had a boarding pass already , went right to the gate.

We flew on jetblue. as of last week southwest was not in the program yet.

Just of the Dawn this past Sunday. Did the Easy Check since we were spending the day in San Diego. We had to sign up for it before 5pm thursday, and they want to know the flight info so you can get the boarding pass along with the tags delivered to your room. Princess tranfers were not required.

It's $15 a person. Put the luggage out saturday nite and picked it at JFK.

Did not have to deal with it at the pier, and since we had a boarding pass already , went right to the gate.

We flew on jetblue. as of last week southwest was not in the program.

We used the easy check in San Juan last week. I was skeptical, to say the least, thinking that we would never see our luggage again! But, it was so easy - you put your luggage out the night before, like everyone else, pick it up after you get off the ship, go through customs, hand it over to the Easy Check people who put it in a truck based on airline and you see it again in your hometown airport. It was also so nice to have our boarding passes in hand before we left the ship. We were able to spend the day in San Juan and go directly through security to our gate when we got to the airport. It is too bad that they only offer this on certain airlines. US Airways is not one of them. Several people we were traveling with were on a US Airways flight and weren't able to use this feature. We were on American. I wonder whether it is an airline choice or cruise line choice.

Just spoke with Princess and this service will be available for $15 each and must be filled out 3 days prior to ship arrival. No transfer required.

Wow and I thought Celebrity had the services, this will be great not having to fight with luggage after 31 days at sea. :) :) .Cause she is packed to the MAX. Just walk off the ship and grab a taxi to LAX and proceed to our gate. Our flight was is at 2.00 pm

Go Princess

Darn, on the Diamond Jan. 17th sailing the form for the Easy Check specifically required a Princess transfer to LAX. We hadn't planned on a transfer, but they wouldn't do Easy Check any other way so we signed up for it. Despite that, we'd do it again in a flash. It was so convenient to put our cases out on Thursday night and not see them again till we arrived in CLE on Saturday morning.

Archived