Rum Runner Purpose?

SDSUkid

Hi Everyone,

I leave for my cruise in two weeks and I have seen many things here talking about the Rum Runner Flasks.

My question: Do you get the flasks to avoid breakage or to avoid detection?

I would assume a glass bottle would make it through the checked luggage just as easily as the rum runner, but I could be wrong.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--Eric

:D

Hi Everyone,

I leave for my cruise in two weeks and I have seen many things here talking about the Rum Runner Flasks.

My question: Do you get the flasks to avoid breakage or to avoid detection?

I would assume a glass bottle would make it through the checked luggage just as easily as the rum runner, but I could be wrong.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--Eric

Well, Eric... any upstanding member of Cruise Critic's Carnival forum knows that bringing alcohol on board isn't permitted. Bearing that in mind, I fill mine with juice and tea! The Rum Runner flasks are both durable and VERY difficult to detect! Therefore, your tea and juice will pass through unnoticed.

Of course, we have ALL heard of stories of ne'er-do-wells who bring bottles of illicit alcoholic beverages on board in bottles, wrapped in towels and stuffed into the middle of their checked bags and never have problems. Some even go to the extent of surrounding said booze with bubble wrap!

I hope you've learned something from my little talk.

All the best...

Mach

Well, Eric... any upstanding member of Cruise Critic's Carnival forum knows that bringing alcohol on board isn't permitted. Bearing that in mind, I fill mine with juice and tea! The Rum Runner flasks are both durable and VERY difficult to detect! Therefore, your tea and juice will pass through unnoticed.

Of course, we have ALL heard of stories of ne'er-do-wells who bring bottles of illicit alcoholic beverages on board in bottles, wrapped in towels and stuffed into the middle of their checked bags and never have problems. Some even go to the extent of surrounding said booze with bubble wrap!

I hope you've learned something from my little talk.

All the best...

Mach

Just and wise man that he is, Host Mach is correct in admonishing you from smuggling alcohol on board. Myself, I only bring juice aboard. Processed and aged sugar cane juice is part of my cruise health regimen. Shame on those ne'er do wells. Why I've even heard that some of them use rinsed out mouthwash bottles for their treachery. What is this world coming to?

I have converted. I too was a sinful booze smuggler but no longer!! I shall from this point forward only bring Aged carbohydrate based liquids in special containers in my luggage. I want to be healty when I crusie and Thank you Mach and Pirateover 40 for showing me the light!

I have converted. I too was a sinful booze smuggler but no longer!! I shall from this point forward only bring Aged carbohydrate based liquids in special containers in my luggage. I want to be healty when I crusie and Thank you Mach and Pirateover 40 for showing me the light!

It's a public service, dontcha know...

If rumrunner flasks are not detected as easy as the glass bottles, what about the plastic travel bottles? And what do the x-ray people think we are carrying in the rum runner flasks?

Thanks in advance, trying to figure out the best way to get my happy drink on board..LOL...

If rumrunner flasks are not detected as easy as the glass bottles, what about the plastic travel bottles? And what do the x-ray people think we are carrying in the rum runner flasks?

Thanks in advance, trying to figure out the best way to get my happy drink on board..LOL...

I do believe that the primary advantage of the RumRummer product is it's double sealed cap. It's virtually leak proof. Ordinary plastic travel bottles are just that... ordinary. It's difficult to amaze and amuse your cruising companions with plastic bottles. RumRunner Flasks, on the other hand, never fail to elicit ooooohs... and ahhhhhhs... when people understand what they are seeing.

Besides that they are COOL!

All that aside, when empty the RumRummer flasks fold nearly perfectly flat allowing extra storage space in your bags for all of those treasure that one inevitably picks up along the way...

Someone mentioned above about people washing out mouth wash bottles. I would say DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT do this I tried it and had the bottles empty for a long time washed them and soaked them and my juice's still tasted like mouthwash. I still drank the juice but looking back it was a little nasty.;)

Lonnie

My husband also drinks very expensive juice. He used the rum runner flasks for the first time on the cruise we just got back from. He said that his expensive juice still tasted very expensive and he was happy that there were no other odors or tastes except for his juice. They worked great and now they're packed away until our next trip. As far as we'r concerned, they're the best things money could buy for our juice.

I have ordered my rumrunners for my aged sugar juice as well.

I did see someone suggest a good idea for aged grape juice. Buy the variety that comes in the box, then wrap it up like a birthday present. Said she brings her aged grape juice this way everytime and has yet to have a problem.

I like that idea!

I haven't bothered trying to bring my own juices because I fly to the ports and my suitcases are always full enough and heavy enough.

But I'm driving to both this year and can pack as many suitcases as I want. I may even pack a 12-pack of my favorite malted barley beverage along with my expensive sugar-juice and aged grape juice!

okay - I've tried to google rum runners and all I come up with is a recipe for the coctail. Are these what I would call 'wine sacks'. I have one that I take when I'm skiing. I guess I'm a dummy - I don't know what one is. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

My husband also drinks very expensive juice. He used the rum runner flasks for the first time on the cruise we just got back from. He said that his expensive juice still tasted very expensive and he was happy that there were no other odors or tastes except for his juice. They worked great and now they're packed away until our next trip. As far as we'r concerned, they're the best things money could buy for our juice.

I love it! Here's to juice! Expensive or otherwise.:D

All that aside, when empty the RumRummer flasks fold nearly perfectly flat allowing extra storage space in your bags for all of those treasure that one inevitably picks up along the way...

Similar to the plastic traveler bottles I pack. When I throw them away after they are empty they take up no space in my luggage.:)

Archived