cruising with a CPAP machine

melika091900

Im just wondering if a cpap machine for sleep apnea can be brought on a cruise? and can it be plugged into the regular outlet on cruiseships ?

do you take it in a carryon? at the port..

we arent flying , so im not worried about any airport.

Im just wondering since my aunt who has never cruised is thinking of joining us on princess and i wanted to ask about this for her..

thanks in advance.

Call your cruise lines special needs department and they will supply you with an extension cord as well as the distilled water your machine may need. The power outlets are usually across the room from the bed and you will need the cord. DH uses a CPAP and after our call, everything was waiting in our cabin for us. Take the machine through as Carry-On - do not send it through with your luggage.

I found a heavy duty 15 foot extension cord that has 3 outlets. It now resides in my CPAP bag . . . it's well travelled!

Also, my CPAP, and many others, is multiple voltage. It just plugs right in abroad needing only a plug adapter.

Call your cruise lines special needs department and they will supply you with an extension cord as well as the distilled water your machine may need.

I had no idea about the distilled water- my hubby just used plain tap water on the ship. We brought our own extension cord.

I will have to contact our TA and have her contact the special needs department.

Thank you :D

I use a CPAC machine and I take mine with me when I cruise. I just pack it surrounded by clothes in my checked luggage and I've never had any problems. The only problem is you need to either take an extension cord with yu or hopefully get one onboard because there isn't much for power outlets in the staterooms.

My hubby uses one and thanks to CC, we knew to bring an extension cord and power strip. Had absolutely NO problems bringing it on board. He usually packs it securely in his luggage with clothes wrapped around it. Never a problem, though *I* would feel better if he put it in his carry on bag (I sleep better when he's not sawing wood and snoring to beat the band, so it's selfish reasons in my case, LOL!), he chooses to check it and we've had no problems with it, even when we flew to Cancun with it packed away.

NO worries, CPAP machine is fine on board.

Archived