Amsterdam, Volendam, Arhein route going - Which side of riveboat is best

loisswanson

Going the direction listed above, which side of the riverboat will get the best views?

This question has been asked so many times and the answer is still the same. Doesn't matter which side. You aren't going to sit in your room to watch the scenery. There's good scenery on both sides. You will probably be on deck or the lounge where you can see both sides. As far as docking, sometimes it's on one side and other times, the other side. You just don't want to be located close to the kitchen or the front or back because of the thrusters.

We actually selected a cabin that is near the restaurant (same floor) - #202 on the Amadeus Amalegro. Does this look like good location?

We thought we might spend a fair amount of time (if it's cold out) watching the view through our french balcony - that's why I'm concerned about side of the boat.

Lois

We actually selected a cabin that is near the restaurant (same floor) - #202 on the Amadeus Amalegro. Does this look like good location?

We thought we might spend a fair amount of time (if it's cold out) watching the view through our french balcony - that's why I'm concerned about side of the boat.

Lois

As mentioned by Carhut, if you stay in your room to view the scenery, you will only be able to see ONE side of the river. If you do your sightseeing from the lounge or the sun deck (weather permitting), you will see BOTH sides of the river. Also, the lounge is heated so cold weather is not a factor. ;)

Have a nice trip.

Regarding being close to the kitchen, it's not been my experience, but I have read on here where people have complained about the noise from the kitchen early in the morning when the cooks are getting ready for breakfast. That's why I made the comment about not being close to the kitchen.

Also I observed on the cruises I've been on, that the people lined up in the hallway waiting to get into the dining room for dinner, thus blocking the hall and the doors to the cabins along that hallway.

Archived