Local food, various ports

Makaylala

My family and I will be taking a Princess cruise out of San Juan in March. I am looking for restaurant referral's for Aruba as well as St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, Bonaire and San Juan. We would like to experience the local, or Caribbean cusine. Looking for good food at moderate prices. Nothing to Americanized or touristy. Thanks for any referral's or advise you can give.

Old Cunucu House (lunch and dinner)

Gasparito's (dinner only)

Nos Cunucu (rustic)

The Old Fisherman (lunch and dinner, located downtown - popular lunch spot)

Cafe Maryli (lunch only)

Mighty Whitey (lunch only)

Arubalisa,

Are any of these lunch restaurants handy to where Jolly Pirates departs (Moomba?) or Palm Beach?

Also, what will be the best way to get from Jolly Pirates to the Radisson area of Palm Beach after our excursion?

THANK YOU!

Arubalisa,

Are any of these lunch restaurants handy to where Jolly Pirates departs (Moomba?) or Palm Beach?

Also, what will be the best way to get from Jolly Pirates to the Radisson area of Palm Beach after our excursion?

THANK YOU!

You are very welcome! :) From JP's and MooMba, the Radisson is a very easy 1/2 mile walk down the beach.

As far as the eateries mentioned none are really within walking distance. There are two Dutch restaurants .8 miles each way from the Radisson: Linda'a Pancakes and Bingo's.

I realize you're probably looking for something a little nicer, but thought I'd mention you'll pass half a dozen or more restaurants on the 1/2 mile walk from Moomba to the Radisson area - both small places on piers and open air restaurants outside the hotels. We love seafood and don't think there is much better that some fresh local seafood at an open air restaurant on a beach! Especially since there is no fresh local fish available on the ships.

In fact Moomba is a bar/restaurant and by the Radisson is DePalm pier which has a nice little restaurant at the end of the pier. Again nothing fancy but you'll probably be able to find some local seafood or jerk chicken or things like that.

since i was on he Crown last year again this april...

san juan- Parrot Club or its sister restuants for lunch or dinner on saturday night.

Aruba- anywhere at all downtown- you will find tourist as that is downtown

STT-many good places to eat in town or by havensight. I have tried several places and each tiem try a new one.

oters i nevr had lunch in town .Grenada you might taxi somewhere but you have to be back by 130.

I realize you're probably looking for something a little nicer, but thought I'd mention you'll pass half a dozen or more restaurants on the 1/2 mile walk from Moomba to the Radisson area - both small places on piers and open air restaurants outside the hotels. We love seafood and don't think there is much better that some fresh local seafood at an open air restaurant on a beach! Especially since there is no fresh local fish available on the ships.

In fact Moomba is a bar/restaurant and by the Radisson is DePalm pier which has a nice little restaurant at the end of the pier. Again nothing fancy but you'll probably be able to find some local seafood or jerk chicken or things like that.

That is exactly what we'd like. We do not like fancy (often). We just like great food - I love fresh seafood too! The rest of my family is more into sandwiches and meats or chicken.

Any in particular you'd recommend?

Arubalisa,

Sorry :o , I have to apologize, I thought you were looking for "...looking for restaurant referral's for Aruba as well as St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, Bonaire and San Juan. We would like to experience the local, or Caribbean cusine. Looking for good food at moderate prices. Nothing to Americanized or touristy."

You can get a listing of most, if not all of the restaurants directly on Palm Beach at http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/googlemap.html Just look on the northwestern coast of the island, Palm Bch is the area of restaurants clustered north of the section "Gasparito".

That is exactly what we'd like. We do not like fancy (often). We just like great food - I love fresh seafood too! The rest of my family is more into sandwiches and meats or chicken.

Any in particular you'd recommend?

We've only eaten on the beach once, at the restaurant bar at DePalm pier. It was fine. Although we had drinks and snacks at Moomba after getting off the Jolly Pirate a few years ago. Last year we rented chairs by DePalm pier in front of where the Ru is now, next to the Radisson. We walked the beach up to the Holiday Inn or a little further and looked at a lot of the menu's at outdoor restaurants along the way for places that had some fresh seafood for lunch (usually something like catch of the day grilled fish sandwich). About half the places we looked at looked fine, but when we got back we decided to eat on the pier as it was close and looked as good as some of the other places, and had nice views out on the water. Was a little busy right at lunch time but thinned out quickly afterward.

If someone wanted to eat near Jolly Pirates and casual food was OK I'd say just go to Moombas.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry :o , I have to apologize, I thought you were looking for "...looking for restaurant referral's for Aruba as well as St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, Bonaire and San Juan. We would like to experience the local, or Caribbean cusine. Looking for good food at moderate prices. Nothing to Americanized or touristy."

You can get a listing of most, if not all of the restaurants directly on Palm Beach at http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/googlemap.html Just look on the northwestern coast of the island, Palm Bch is the area of restaurants clustered north of the section "Gasparito".

Arubalisa,

Don't apologize...what you thought I was looking for is exactly that. I think some of the other comments got confusing. I do appreciate your information and the information others posted as well. Thanks to all, we should have some gooooooooood food!!

Makaylalove

:D Arubalisa,

Don"t apologize. What you thought I was looking for,was exactly right. I appreciate the information you provided. I think some of the posts might have made it confusing. I would like to thank all of the input from everyone out there. We plan on having some gooooooood food thanks to all of you!

Makaylalove

Archived