Zaandam Cabin Question

DCB9

My wife and I just booked the 15 day Hawaii cruise on the Zaandam for March 22, 2009. We booked a suite and thought by doing it this early we would have our choice of cabins - not true. We wanted midship on the port side, but only S7028 was available. I see this is very near the stairs and elevators so I have a couple of questions.

First off, will being close to the elevator and stairs be a problem? Does it get noisy? As an alternative I have thought of changing to S7002, 4, 6 or 8 if they are available. I know these are also near the elevators and stairs, but on our previous cruise on the Ryndam, this area didn't seem to be as busy as the area further down the corridor. Any opinions? Thanks.

Dave

Dave,

I think your previous experience on Ryndam holds true on all HAL ships. The elevator lobbies are rarely congested and there is very little noise. I'd be more concerned with what is directly above your cabin although I haven't checked the deck plan. You might want to check that out before you decide to stay or to move.

Dave we're booked for the April 3rd RT to Hawaii. I booked it 13 months ago and many of the cabins were already sold out.

We also like midship, port side, but all we could get in our category was port side, aft, and near stairs. We've been on HAL ships before, and normally that area is very quiet. I wouldn't worry about excessive noise.

Pat

Thanks everyone for your response. It sounds like noise isn't really an issue so I guess we'll keep the cabin. Someone mentioned noise from above and that was a minor problem on the Ryndam as the Lido deck was right above and there was noise in the morning from things being moved around for cleaning, but it really didn't bother us. Thanks again.

Dave

Archived