Calica Playa del Carmen Beach & Shopping

beachbum6264

Anyone done this excursion?

A couple of questions -

is the jewelry factory worth the $$?

is there just one set time to return to the ship or is it one of the every half hour things?

where on the beach do you go?

or should we just get a taxi ourselves and go into PDC?

(there are 8 of us are there vans available?)

Thanks!!

I did the Xcaret excursion in Playa Del Carmen and then went back to the ship..ate some lunch...and took a taxi to the beach/shopping area. The taxi was very reasonable and easy to get one back to the ship, as well. Not sure about vans. But, you could split two taxis at a great price with 8 of you. I had wished I had just done the beach/shopping the whole day. It was a great area to walk around, shop, and go to the beach. It's beautiful. Sorry if I didn't answer all your particluar questions. I wasn't jewlesry shopping. IMHO, though, taking a taxi/s and going to the beach shopping on your own schedule would be easy and fun. Of course, you know the drill. Don't be late for the ship. i almost was because I enjoyed the shopping districe so much. Also, on another note internet access is very cheap in that shopping district at some cafes.

Anyone done this excursion?

A couple of questions -

is the jewelry factory worth the $$?

is there just one set time to return to the ship or is it one of the every half hour things?

where on the beach do you go?

or should we just get a taxi ourselves and go into PDC?

(there are 8 of us are there vans available?)

Thanks!!

I'm confused? Is the ship porting in Calica or are you porting in Cozumel and taking the ferry to Calica/Playa del Carmen?

Alright...hopefully this will help. We were in Calica in january and had a group of 8 (9 with a baby, who was free). Right outside of the port, there was a gentleman who was setting up large groups with cabs. Basically, for $20 pp, they loaded us in a van and took us to a shopping district. The driver stayed with us the WHOLE day. We told him what time we wanted picked up from the shopping center and he was there 30min. early! He stayed/switched to ship time in order to avoid confusion. Then he took us to the beach where we spent a couple hours. Again, he was there to pick us up and drove us back to Calica....with the distance, it was WELL worth it and nice to have our own driver!:)

I'm confused? Is the ship porting in Calica or are you porting in Cozumel and taking the ferry to Calica/Playa del Carmen?

We are in port in Calica. Cozumel one day, Calica the next (long overnight trip!). Planning on Paradise Beach in Coz - been there twice and loved it! Went quickly through PDC last year - ferry from Coz during Tulum tour - and can't wait to go back.

Archived