RSVP in 2009?

NYC95

We would love an RSVP cruise that starts or ends in San Francisco. Even better would be one thats starts or ends right in conjunction with Pride.

Wishful thinking.

Are you listening Charlie???

Well, I would like a cruise to start and end in New York, and more specifically Brooklyn! :D

Oh, and Panama Canal could be fun. :)

Tell them we want a Panama canal cruise!

Regardless, count me in on wherever we sail.

They just did Panama in 2006, I'll be surprised to see them do it again so soon.

I've *heard* to look for 2 Caribbean cruises next year, possibly a back to back like they used to do. I wouldn't mind if they broke it up in to a 5 day and a 9 day like they did years ago.

At the '07 Week 1 PV "Ask Atlantis Anything" session, Rich Campbell said to look for the return of River Cruises (Europe? Asia?) My guess is he'll allocate those to RSVP. Rich also said the company would be doing more Club Med Resort locales. My guess is that the more exotic of those might be allocated to RSVP, too.

Although I'd wanted to do one of the RSVP windjammer-type cruises, Rich said those were gone forever (after the '08 ones) because they were not profitable. Pity.

I'm still waiting to get details on the much-talked-about-but-not-publicized March '09 cruise on Azamara from Hong Kong to Singapore. I presume that's to be Atlantis, but could be RSVP since it's a small ship <800 passengers. If anyone sees anything published by Atlantis/RSVP on that, PLEASE share!!!

Thanks.

Gary

San Francisco

RSVP - Caribbean cruises in the '80s and '90s (anyone remember the Sea Spirit?)

Atlantis - BsAs/Rio on Oceania's Insignia '07

Atlantis - London/Barcelona on Celebrity Constellation '08

Considering the RSVP cruise will sail in about a week.

I read somehwere RSVP will be the economy branch of the business...then there were other indications as noted above it would be the more exotic. Me, I hope for the exotic and smaller scale. The thing that originally got me to fall in love with RSVP was the small size and intimacy of the group ...you got to know people better.

Club Med...yes I would do that.

Asia cruise.....although I have been to that part of the world....I just might go if given a chance. Two weeks from tomorrow I embark on the Millenium...I'll get all the info and see if I can get a cabin (will look for a share this time around).

Now if someone would just do a New Zealand cruise.:cool:

As for places to sail from.....how about Tampa.

Another destination....back to the Greek Islands with a precruise stay in Mykonos.......:rolleyes:

I do want to hear all about the RSVP cruise and what they announce - either for RSVP or Atlantis - while you're on board. If you go to the equivalent of "Ask Atlantis Anything," find out how much progress they've made toward merging the frequent cruiser programs. I'm sure that will be of interest to you as well as most posters here.

Bon Voyage! ;)

According to the news page here on Cruise Critic, Atlantis has chartered Celebrity Solstice from March 8 - 15, 2009. Not sure if this is Atlantis or RSVP, but it's typically a Eastern Caribbean cruises, roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale.

Seems like CC reported it because people booked on the ship were booted and pissed off.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2379

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2404

ETA: What happened to the Alumni area on the atlantis website? I can't find it!?

Archived