Any suggestions for Edinburgh (S. Queensferry) tours?

Sailor39

We will be visiting on August 1 and are looking for suggestions/recommendations. Feel free to contact me at bucskin39@yahoo.com

Howard

Once you arrive Edinburgh I would just get on the HOHO bus and see the sights this way..you will get an overview of the city and get on and off where you please.You can also walk to some of the sights and then get another bus.Great city!!!

A second vote for the HOHO bus. it's a great way to see the sights in Edinburgh. Make sure you check out the castle - it's pretty incredible. For lunch, I recommend "The Witchery by the Castle" - very atmospheric!

If you're going during the Tattoo, definitely give that a go. It was incredible! Cold, but incredible!

Email me at charliekirby@comcast.net if you'd like to read our travel dairy.

Charlie

On an earlier thread on this same subject, there's some discussion about taking the train from South Queensferry to Edinburgh so you should check that out. But, it's easy and once you're there, the HOHO is the way to go. If you really want to check all of the options for the day, there's a wonderful tourist info center at the train station. Edinburgh Castle is wonderful. You can take the HOHO to the nearest drop off then pick it up again later after you've visited the castle.

South Queensferry isn't all that far from Linlithgow, where you can see the romantic ruins of Linlithgow Castle, including the room where Mary, Queen of Scots was born. Bags of atmosphere, pleasant grounds, and a reasonable walk back to the Linlithgow train station, where you can get a train into Edinburgh. And judging from our experience, no need to fight your way through wall-to-wall tourists.

Archived