taxi driver "tour" cost

carl2591

6 yrs ago my wife and I took a first cruise on Norwegian "Leeward" out of Miami to Nassau. When we docked there were several taxi's there boosting tours of the island for $60.00 per couple. We negated him down to $40.00 and waited for more do the trip with us.. after several mins another couple got in the Chev astro van and we waited for more. We sat talking with the other couple waiting for another 10 min or so and told the cabbie “drive or die”...or we were getting out or something to that effect...he started driving first to fort charlotte, the school and other points of interest on the island also taking us to paradise island to the resort across the lagoon from Atlantis. It was under construction when we were there…the Tour lasted about a hour to hour and half I remember. It funny he took us into the downtrodden part of town to show us it not all as it appears on the surface, we went down the street he lived on and his house the nicest on the block complete with big sat dish in front yard. Kinda made me wonder about if I paid to much for the tour at 40 per couple.LOL.

SO my question is :
What is a good price for a "tour" and is the taxi driver best one to go with.

We are leaving from Raleigh NC to drove down for a thur cruise on Fantasy out of

Port Canaveral and want some info before getting to the island.

Thanks to all and happy cruising..

Carl Newton

Chimneykeepers.com.

Archived