? Re: Vision Mexican Rivera inside cabin pricing

mrstay

For those of you that have sailed on the Vision - what is the lowest price you paid for an inside cabin? I am more interested in a cat. J. What time of year did you cruise and what category did you book?

For those of you that have sailed on the Vision - what is the lowest price you paid for an inside cabin? I am more interested in a cat. J. What time of year did you cruise and what category did you book?

We (or I should say my kids) stayed in inside catagory J and we paid around $1400 for two people with taxes and insurance. We sailed Jan. 6, 2008. I always find the first week of Jan. to be the cheapest week to sail. We loved this cabin...it is very roomy and we actually fit 4 kids in a room for 2 (the two younger wanted to stay with the two older) with the full size couch and a roll a way bed. They still had plenty of room.

We are booked on the 3/9 sailing of Vision and we paid $1157 inc. all taxes ($499+taxes pp)-no insurance (received over age 50 discount) for an outside cabin on deck 2. At the time we booked this cabin, they were running the inside cabins with the over 50 discount for $399 pp. I thought that was a great rate. I just kept watching for price cuts as we had originally booked this cruise last June.

I have been on the Vision twice the past 3 years, both times on deck 2 #2457 and #2459 inside

First time was over Christmas in 2004 paid $549.00 PP

second time was last Nov 25 Paid $439.00 PP with $100.00 OBC on RCI's one day sale last year.

We will be on the Vision next month (March 16, 2008).

We originally booked a Category J (#8525)

For those who don't know, there are only 16 Cat Js on the ship...They are not your typical inside cabin--they are 174 square feet and all on Deck 8--as opposed to the typical Vision inside cabin of 135-144 square feet and mostly on lower decks...

We specifically booked this one 9 months prior to the cruise and had a rate of $834 per person--significantly higher than the cost of the lower priced insides--but the added space was important to us.

Then, one day in early December, we noted that they had dropped the rates on all of the inside and ocean view cabins considerably (actually resident and senior rates) EXCEPT for the Category Js...Ocean View cabins were now going for LESS than the Cat Js. Except we did not want an Ocean View--all of these are also smaller than the Cat Js...and space is more important to me than a little black window...

Then, a day or two later, we got really lucky--they posted a Balcony Guarantee rate of $749 (actually $849, but we get A Diamond C&A discount of $100 pp on balconies or higher) per person...I called my TA ASAP and we got switched...So, we'll be sailing in a 195 square foot (plus 41 sf balcony) cabin and saving $170 doing it!! (Note, we also have a $100 onboard credit for booking while on a previous cruise...and my TA is tossing on a $75 onboard credit...So our "net" cost is actually $1482.34 for two or $741.17 per person for a balcony cabin during spring break week!)

BTW, the lowest an ordinary balcony got down to was $549 pp on either a senior or residency rate...remember to add on $44.67 pp for taxes and fees and $35 pp for that fuel surcharge...

Remember, also, that prices fluctuate...and you can always get a lower rate if one comes up...So, BOOK EARLY, then watch the website for price drops on a regular basis...

Archived