Jewel - Is the dining room open for lunch on embarkation?

Vyhanek

Is the main dining room open for lunch on the day of embarkation?

I sure hope so. I try to avoid buffets. I was just reading a recent review that said the main dining room wasn't open for lunch and they were told it was closed and the stairway leading down was corded off. I sure hope not.

I posted that the diningrooms weren't available on embarkation day. We tried to go to Tsars and they wouldn't let us. We asked a few times and were adamently told they weren't open. It could be that we were just misinformed (we were on early too - around noon).

We ate at Blue Lagoon twice. It's a small little restaurant with table service. It's more of a fast-food type place (I think NCL says it's like a coffee shop). The potato skins are excellent. I found the wings to be a bit too spicy for my (sensitive) palate. The fish and the chicken fingers were good. I asked for the noodle dishes without vegetables (I can't eat peppers or cabbage) and was turned down. Desserts were disappointing. We had great service. It overlooks the atrium so you can hear the band playing in the evening.

Archived