Suite Perks on Liberty?

teresapink

This will be our first time in a suite on the Liberty. Does anyone have recent experience with being contacted beforehand by the concierge? I had read a while ago (on anothe RCI ship) that the concierge contacted the guests in regard to dinner reservations, wine etc...

Thanks for any info.

T

Teresa-I am sailing in an Owner's Suite on the Liberty in September, so I am also curious. I hope you will post your experience when you return. I'm looking forward to the coffee in the mornings. Also, am wondering if the Luggage Valet service is free for suite guests?

Thanks anybody for any info!!

What makes the Liberty any different than the Freedom??

Are any of you that have posted so far, Diamond Plus?? If so, RCCL will contact you to find out what ammenity you prefer, that they offer.

Suites on RCCL offer one thing......space. Call it real estate, or an oversize cabin........there is nothing to be given by RCCL except more room.

Why do I know this.............we have trip number 16 on RCCL (55 total) coming up......and the smallest space that we have occupied on RCCL is an Owners Suite.

Nuff said.

We were on the Liberty in late October and the concierge did not contact us before the cruise. At that time the Liberty did not offer the luggage valet service, although they may by now. When we arrived there was a large bottle of Evian and a fruit basket in our room, along with a few sheets of personalized stationary, a card key for the CL Lounge which also acts as your ice show tickets. The suites have a pillow menu on the bed and have a coffee maker and tea pot with coffee and tea to use as will. Both formal nights a small plate of "treats" were delivered to our room.

We were on the Liberty in late October and the concierge did not contact us before the cruise. At that time the Liberty did not offer the luggage valet service, although they may by now. When we arrived there was a large bottle of Evian and a fruit basket in our room, along with a few sheets of personalized stationary, a card key for the CL Lounge which also acts as your ice show tickets. The suites have a pillow menu on the bed and have a coffee maker and tea pot with coffee and tea to use as will. Both formal nights a small plate of "treats" were delivered to our room.

You bring up such a good point GSsuitesailing.......about the coffee maker that we have in the suites.

My DW thinks that the coffee is excellent, and I'm a tea drinker, and after she makes her coffee, I can use the same hot water unit to make tea. This is on option that RCCL has made that we are very happy about.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It's GREAT!!

Rick

Thank you for that information. What is luggage valet service?

I think it is so strange for a company as large as RCI to have very little consistency throughout thier fleet. Some people are contacted, some people get certain perks others do not, all depending on who you run into and their mood that day....very strange!

T

I think it is so strange for a company as large as RCI to have very little consistency throughout thier fleet. Some people are contacted, some people get certain perks others do not, all depending on who you run into and their mood that day....very strange!

T

"Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

T

Luggage valet service is also inconsistant fleetwide. It is a service that directly sends your luggage to your airline and prints out boarding passes for you. The fee is $20.00 per person for up to 2 bags. Again, inconsistant. On some ships the fee is waived for suite guests, and on others you are charged.

It is a great service, and we have always used it. It made things harder for us on Liberty because in late October they did not offer the service.

Luggage valet service is also inconsistant fleetwide. It is a service that directly sends your luggage to your airline and prints out boarding passes for you. The fee is $20.00 per person for up to 2 bags. Again, inconsistant. On some ships the fee is waived for suite guests, and on others you are charged.

It is a great service, and we have always used it. It made things harder for us on Liberty because in late October they did not offer the service.

The fee aside...as long as the luggage arriving at the airport is consistent...then it's all good!

T

OK-

Back to my original question...

This will be our first time in a suite on the Liberty. Does anyone have recent experience with being contacted beforehand by the concierge? I had read a while ago (on anothe RCI ship) that the concierge contacted the guests in regard to dinner reservations, wine etc...

Thanks for any info.

T

T, It really is dependent on each concierge. I think they TRY to email every suite guest beforehand but if there are a lot of Diamond cruisers also I think it would be hard to handle everything before hand. Having said that, we were contacted by Diego on the Brilliance. He handled a LOT of stuff for us before boarding and was wonderful. However, that is the first time we have ever been emailed prior to sailing and we have done quite a few suites. You didn't say which class of suite you are sailing. I would think they would contact OS before GS maybe but there doesn't seem to be any logic to how it works sometimes. Sorry, I can't give you a definite answer but we will be in an OS on Liberty in April so if you are sailing after that I will post if we hear anything prior. Enjoy your suite whatever happens, they are wonderful!

OK-

Back to my original question...

Thanks for any info.

T

We sailed on the Liberty back at the end of November (in an Owners Suite) and our concierge called us and emailed us approximately 3-4 prior to sailing for any special requests/reservations.

We had a french press in our suite but never used it.

our experience on Liberty (OS)...we did get contacted via email a week ahead of time for reservations at the spa etc,. This was Liberty's 16th sailing and there was a big deal about the CL was for Suites with a conceirge and there is a new Lounge for Diamond members with their own concierge. that being said our conceirge only dealt with suite members while the DL conceirge dealt with diamond members. I'm not a diamond member so I can't say what amenities they received. for suite members we got treats delievered on at sea days, use of the CL most of the time (except late when everything is put away) and our passes for the CL were our tickets to the ice shows etc. we were switched to first seating and the CL could not help us get this changed which was disappointing but the ship was totally booked so we understood.

we were switched to first seating and the CL could not help us get this changed which was disappointing but the ship was totally booked so we understood.

I'm suprised at this because I thought suites were always "VIP" and always got the dining preference they wanted (one of the few meager perks of a suite)...:confused: Did your booking show late seating with no waitlists, but you still ended up early?

I'm suprised at this because I thought suites were always "VIP" and always got the dining preference they wanted (one of the few meager perks of a suite)...:confused: Did your booking show late seating with no waitlists, but you still ended up early?

I transfered the reservation a few times and I overlooked the dinning preference totally and didn't realize until we got our sea passes that we were early seating. Also, we had brought other relatives that weren't suites so we had a party of ten. the ship was sold out with many travelers from Brazil all second seating. I always check now!

We were on Liberty last July. We were contacted via email by the concierge regarding spa treatments, specialty dining reservations, etc. We were in a Grand Suite. It was a beautiful room.

While we didn't take advantage of the advance reservations, we did enjoy the Concierge Lounge each evening. And, while in St. Maarten, there was some problem with DH credit card. I can't remember the Conceirge's name, but he was great. He allowed my DH to make ship to shore phone calls to the credit card company, as well as faxes at no charge.

He was very consistent about the kids not being allowed in the lounge after a certain hour. When parents would try to bring them in, he turned them away. We used the free DVD rentals, too. Since our kids are 9 and 3 we were often in our room early, and the movies helped to keep the kids entertained.

Archived