which airport to galveston

yogachick

We've only sailed from Galveston once and our flight was in/out of Houston Intl. If we had to do it again, I think we would do Hobby because of it's proximity; Houston was a long drive and traffic delays got us on the ship only about an hour before departure. That sucked. :(

my mom lives in Houston and uses Hobby whenever possible. I know it's closer to Galveston...mom likes it because it is smaller and less crowded than, well it was Intercontinental when I live there, now doesn't it have something to do with Bush?

Anyway, I'll vote for Hobby.

Just a word about IAH which is the airport closest to my home. IAH is a hub airport for Continental airlines. Continental controls the gates in terminals C and E, and Continental Express has all the gates in Terminal B. While I like flying Continental I hate using them through IAH. All luggage for Continental domestic flights goes through terminal C baggage claim. The place is a zoo, security is a zoo, the whole experience is a zoo. It is better now than it was during the construction of terminal E but I still try to avoid it.

Delta, Northwest, American and US-air fly in and out of terminal A. This place is an oasis in the hell that air travel has become since 9/11. You can check your luggage curbside without being chased by the parking police. Baggage claim is in the building and is easy to find and use. The terminal is a self-contained entity, it's like an airport unto itself. IAH is truly a tale of two airports. :cool:

Archived