Any Lobster On The Mediterrania????

hockeypapa

:cool: CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE MEDITERRANIA HAS LOBSTER AT ANY OF THE DINNERS IM TALKING LOBSTER TAILS NOT SOUP THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR THE INFO:p

It best if you only post one theme about the info you are seeking and not two as is the case with Lobster on the Med.

Also writting all in UPPER CASE normally denotes that someone is screaming or yelling, BOLD TYPE and all UNDER LINED probably also denotes something?

A word of advice, writting normally (as indicated above) will not irritate CC members and you will receive more replies.

When will you be cruising (I found the Med to be a great ship - can't answer your question as it is now a year sine I cruised on the Med:()?

Ron

Ron

SORRY I ANNOY YOU BECAUSE I TYPE IN CAPS I ONLY HOPE MY LIFE GETS AS FILLED AS YOURS AND THE ONLY THING TO BOTHERS ME WOULD BE SOMEONE WHO TYPES IN CAPS ALSO PLEASE DONT WEAR THAT ANNOYING PERFUME OF YOURS WHEN YOU GO TO DINNER IT COULD ANNOY SOMEONE OH YES MAYBE THE PERSON WHO TYPES IN CAPS HAS A WAR INJURY EVER THINK OT THAT HAVE A NICE DAY

The only lobster tails you'll find on the Med is in the specialty restaurant.

Blu--I know I've already mentioned to Hockeypapa about his use of all caps. For some reason he still doesn't get the message!

Say "NO" to all caps, Hockeypapa!

Hockeypapa,

I think that the other posters were only trying to be helpful, when they explained that all caps means shouting.

Since you had already posted this question a couple of days prior, and received two replies, it seemed reasonable to me that you may not have been aware of the posting protocol.

I'm sure that no insult was intended.

I did not reply to your first post because two other's had already answered the question accurately, so I assumed that you were all set. However, I will reply here.

I was on the Costa Med in January, lobster tails were not served in the main dining room. Lobster bisque was served one night.

King crab legs were on the menu one night.

Typing in all caps is not proper internet etiquette. This rule is nothing new, it's been around for decades and is one of the terms of usage of these boards

It doesn't annoy anyone, thats not the point.

You wouldn't hand write a term paper or use a type writer in all caps now would you? (Notable exception for engineering notes).

SORRY I ANNOY YOU BECAUSE I TYPE IN CAPS...

Your thread title you entered (no caps) proves you understand the function of the caps lock key. I have faith in your next post.

Hitting caps lock key = 2 seconds

Stubbornly arguing the point continuing in all caps = 2-10 minutes (depending on how fast you type, in all caps) ;)

Typing in all caps is not proper internet etiquette. This rule is nothing new, it's been around for decades and is one of the terms of usage of these boards

You wouldn't hand write a term paper or use a type writer in all caps now would you? (Notable exception for engineering notes).

Your thread title you entered (no caps) proves you understand the function of the caps lock key. I have faith in your next post.

Stubbornly arguing the point continuing in all caps = 2-10 minutes (depending on how fast you type, in all caps) ;)

very well said. blu and arbiturbodog are among the most helpful posters here (unlike some people's kids)

Surf and turf=sirloin and prawns.On the Med. 1-26-08.

Be aware the lobster isnt the same as you would get in a restaurant at home even if they did have it on the cruise

What is amazing tho is that this thread is still here on these boards considering the inflammatory nature of some of the posts:(

It is much easier to learn in a non-hostile environment so lets try to get along;)

very well said. blu and arbiturbodog are among the most helpful posters here (unlike some people's kids)

Thanks for the support common. Now it makes sense...I think I would sob for a month if one of my children grew up to write the filth that 4Sarina did. How disappointing. :(

i think the reason crab legs are being served now is they 'hold' at tempature better than lobster. lobster gets very tough and rubbery when overcooked. i don't eat lobster, but i have yet to see a properly cooked one in any dining room aboard any of the ships i've sailed on - too hard to do for 'banquet' food.

Actually, I frequent many internet forums and this is the first I've heard of this "etiquette" as you say. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out . . . what IS the point exactly (oh, btw, I wasn't yelling there. Like 95% of the people on the internet, I sometimes put words in all caps merely for emphasis, when I don't feel like taking the time to highlight the word and then click on italics or boldface ;) ).

Please tell me, WHAT EXACTLY IS THE POINT (now that's yelling ;)) ? Based on your posts, I'm quite certain each of you understood both the tone and context of hockeypapa's post(s); my 7 year old could tell he wasn't yelling, so what was your point in bringing it up even? Clearly, he wasn't born in the internet era. My goodness. Cut the guy some slack and stop being internet bullies and "know-it-alls". Shame on you. Perhaps he's elderly and can't read the small words very well. Ever think of that one, rocket scientists?

hockeypapa. Please continue to post your questions here. I've lurked for quite some time and really enjoy the site and appreciate the service provided. Even the posters at issue have provided great insight as mentioned above. I just find it disappointing that they found the need to make such an issue out of irrelevant, off-topic minutia and that doing so apparently makes them feel smarter. Maybe you guys would enjoy beating my 7 year old up in a spelling bee contest too? :rolleyes:

Actually, I frequent many internet forums and this is the first I've heard of this "etiquette" as you say. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out . . . what IS the point exactly (oh, btw, I wasn't yelling there. Like 95% of the people on the internet, I sometimes put words in all caps merely for emphasis, when I don't feel like taking the time to highlight the word and then click on italics or boldface ;) ).

Please tell me, WHAT EXACTLY IS THE POINT (now that's yelling ;)) ? Based on your posts, I'm quite certain each of you understood both the tone and context of hockeypapa's post(s); my 7 year old could tell he wasn't yelling, so what was your point in bringing it up even? Clearly, he wasn't born in the internet era. My goodness. Cut the guy some slack and stop being internet bullies and "know-it-alls". Shame on you. Perhaps he's elderly and can't read the small words very well. Ever think of that one, rocket scientists?

hockeypapa. Please continue to post your questions here. I've lurked for quite some time and really enjoy the site and appreciate the service provided. Even the posters at issue have provided great insight as mentioned above. I just find it disappointing that they found the need to make such an issue out of irrelevant, off-topic minutia and that doing so apparently makes them feel smarter. Maybe you guys would enjoy beating my 7 year old up in a spelling bee contest too? :rolleyes:

I see that this is your first CC message (welcome aboard) so I will go easy on you. ;)

Putting words in upper case (capitals for you) to emphasis a point has been an accepted way even in the days of mechanical typerwriters.

I don't think telling Hockeypapa about wrting all in upper case is off-topic minutia, in fact it is the opposite. If you go back and read my first message in this thread you will see that I gave advice to the OP, as he has posted several messages in UPPER CASE requesting information and gets very few answers if any at all because he irritates / infuriates possible knowledgeable members.

For myself, I do not care if the OP is visually impaired or playing the fool, I was trying to help him get the most from this very active and informative forum.

I for one will not be answeing any more of his SHOUTING QUESTIONS in fact I will not be reading any of them as I have added him to my Ignore List.

Ron

Typing in all caps is not proper internet etiquette. This rule is nothing new, it's been around for decades

Decades? With an 's' ?

The internet hasn't been around that long. We got ours in 1995 and we were the first ones in our area. Friends used to come over to our house just to see "how it all worked".

Guys, let's stop picking on people!

Decades?

The internet hasn't been around that long.

No dog in this fight, but I will point you to where you can be better informed monicajay :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet

ARPANET = 1958

Interconnected between UCLA and SRI International in Menlo Park, California, on October 29, 1969

Use of the term "Internet" to describe a single global TCP/IP network originated in December 1974

The first TCP/IP-wide area network was made operational by January 1, 1983 when all hosts on the ARPANET were switched over from the older NCP protocols to TCP/IP

Early forums date back to the 80's in the form of USENET.

Archived