Mexican Riviera - What to do?

Cruizinfamily333

Traveling with my wife's family -- 4 are senior citizens. My wife and I are 40 yo and my wife is a couple of months pregnant. Need ideas of what to do in the various ports (**especially** Mazatlan since I cannot find much on this port) that would not be too strenuous on my wife (she has numerous physical restrictions due to her pregnancy) and still be enjoyable / memorable. I've looked online but member comments are probably better.

Whatever insight you can provide would be great!!!!

well if youguys are travelling in the next month there are a ton of whales around cabo san lucas now.. get yourselves on a stable sailing boat and go check them out, its great now, plus there is plenty of winds around to push the boats around.

You might want to pick at least one of the ports for a relaxing beach day. Puerto Vallarta could be a good option as the Krystal is an easy walk (or if needed a two minute taxi ride) and has a nice beach and pool that is open to cruise ship passengers as long as you purchase some food and beverages while you are there.

Mazatlan is a good place for a city tour. Mazatlan Frank does a nice job. He will take you to all the points of interest like the cliff divers, old town, Golden Zone etc. in comfortable transportation. When you are done if you like he will also take you to the beach. Another low key site to visit in Mazatlan is the Aquarium there. It is a nice aquarium with some cute shows and interesting displays, but it is small and doesn't require a lot of walking.

Whale watching sounds nice in Cabo if they are still around when you get there. There are some good options for beach days in Cabo too. I've heard the Melia has a very nice beach. One thing to avoid in Cabo may be the water taxis since they drop you off in the water and you wade to the beach. It might be difficult for your wife and any of your traveling companions with mobility issues. We once took a van tour in Cabo that went to San Jose del Cabo about 30 minutes away. It's a charming little town with a beautiful church and nice shopping. It also stopped at a glass blowing factory and cactus farm. It was a pleasant, easy tour.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of options that work as long as you avoid the tours that require a lot of physical exertion (ziplines, horseback, atvs, etc)

Have a great time!

Archived