Australia/NZ cruises in fall 2009/spring 2010

barbh2

When is Celebrity expected to release Australia/NZ cruises for booking for fall 2009 and winter/spring 2010?

Does anyone know which ships they will use for these itineraries and/or the expected cruise dates, etc?

Hi Barbh2 !

I would expect the itineraries to be released anytime between March and May. As this is a fairly new destination for Celebrity, there is no way of knowing if they will be repeated in 2009/2010, but I think the odds are decent Celebrity will return to the region.

As for dates, Celebrity seems to sail that region from Early November - Mid April, so that would probably stay the same if they do it again in 2009/2010. Stay Tuned !

:) Good evening,

My take on this is, I F Celebrity goes back down under in fall '09, it will be either Mercury or Millie.

Worth noting: Mercury's inaugural seasons down there, currently underway, started off attracting a lot of attention; reviews so far are quite positive....however,we're noticing some rather depressed pricing for the last intra NZ/OZ sailings....perhaps the sales are not as lucrative as ==X== was originally counting on; of course, the two sailings taking Mercury back to NorthAmerica are featuring rates not unlike the TA rates from/to Europe, a normal situation., still quite low...

Also worth noting: they're sending a larger capacity ship down there next season: Millie. Should the same pattern be replicated, but on a larger scale capacity, ==X== will revert to Mercury.

For ==X== NOT to go back to OZ/NZ would be highly unlikely and strictly the result of an horrible 08/09 season on Millie.

My opinion: Mercury , and on the same timing as she followed this last fall; late October 2009 from SAN (Ensenada) to HNL to AKL to SYD.

I certainly hope for that to happen: we have this entire B2B2B in our radar (adding as well the sailing from Vancouver to SanDiego....).

Just mho

Cheers

;)

I was doing some research for the end of 2008 and early 2009 and I found the Mercury showing an itinerary from Honolulu to Auckland November 2008?

Maybe this was misinformation because there are already itineraries out for Millie for downunder.

I'll go back and try and find the site this information was on that I was researching.:rolleyes:

C-legs, we cruised B2Bx3 on Mercury 2007, had a most wonderful time for 42 days, you'll love cruising south via the islands, you'll love it.....and won't want to get off.

Jillybean:)

C-legs, we cruised B2Bx3 on Mercury 2007, had a most wonderful time for 42 days, you'll love cruising south via the islands, you'll love it.....and won't want to get off.

Jillybean:)

Hi,

That'll suit me just fine: I NEVER want to get off anyways.....!!!!!!!

We indeed want to do the entire run; Vancouver-SanDiego, then...the dreaded shuttle to Ensenada; then;;Ensenada-Honolulu-Aukland-Sydney.

Then......( at this point, either my sanity prevails or I'll be looking around for which goes where next...)

Mercury , IMO, is best suited for this sort of Voyage, much like the 'R'' or ''S'' class on HAL. The perfect size.

Cheers

:D

At least at this point Celebrity would appear to intend to send Millie down here for 2009/10. If you look at the port schedules for Sydney and Auckand I am sure someone can marry up the schedules.

http://www.globenettravel.com.au/cruises/sydney_port_cruise_schedule.asp

http://www.poal.co.nz/cruises/cruise.asp

Adding in the other likely ports, found by Googling, such as Napier, Wellington, Melbourne, Hobart and you can have precise schedules - as it stands at the moment.

Archived