Fort Lauderdale Hotel

Orcrone

Marc-

What night are you there? I know Lisa has struggled to find something too. I looked for her - but was only able to find a La Quinta Inn & Suites that had shuttle service airport/cruiseport and a breakfast - also rated pretty high on tripadvisor in the price range I think she was looking at.

We got the Renaissance for $200 the night of 3/19 - four people, two queen beds - I requested concierge level and it was granted, so the rate may be lower for the regular floors.

I have struggled with hotels so much on our upcoming European cruise, I decided to just go with the Renaissance as Pier 66 does not have the shuttle.

For those still looking at AmeriSuites - we stayed there and it was OK, but there were only two restaurants within walking distance (that I remember) and both were closed by 10:00pm - one was a Mexican place, the other was Outback Steakhouse. The guys at Outback were nice enough to let us in at 9:30, but asked that we hurry.

Also, DH went in search of cigarettes - had to walk several blocks to find some place open - said parts of the neighborhood looked a bit dicey... :(

If you are checking in late, there may only be one clerk and it may be crowded, especially around the holidays. We arrived with a shuttle full of Californians destined for the Grand Princess - they made sure they all got in line ahead of us, as DH helped the shuttle driver unload our bags. It took over an hour to get checked in. The shuttle's last airport run is about 9:00pm, I think.

If you have other questions - let me know I will try and answer them.

Orcone, I'd try Hotwire, as you can tell before bidding if you are getting a suite.

On Priceline, I bid last year for a hotel near the airport and got the Sheraton in high season for about $50.

Priceline is great, but no guarantees. I got the Marriott Marina for $78 in January '05 for our next cruise, but I understand you need to be sure about extra beds.

Ekerr19, your DH can join me for a smoke while we're on the Volendam. I am staying that night before at the Marriott Hotel and Marina, got it on priceline for $75. Still waiting for a room through priceline for the 11th!!!!!

doone-

No problem! He would love to - a cocktail or two and a smoke before dinner... doesn't get much better than that! :)

I wish we could use Priceline, but with the kids, we need two queen sized beds, the kids even balk at that... we try and get a jr. or mini-suite so there is a sofa, my son prefers to sleep on the sofa than share a bed with his sister.

I'll be on the smoking side of the Volendam during sail away, please come over and join us. We have early seating for dinner on this sailing, we may or may not be in the Crowe's Nest before dinner, not sure of the schedule since this is our first try at early seating, we usually take the later seating, but on the Rotterdam last March, we had 8:30 pm dinner, didn't like it so we opted for early this sailing. But we sit in the smoking area of the Lido, come join us for a smoke anytime.

mayesd, I called the Sleep Inn to confirm that it was new. I was told that it was built just under a year and a half ago. I figure it can't be that bad in a year, and choices are limited with Boat Week. I'll let you know when I get back.

Marc-

What night are you there? I know Lisa has struggled to find something too. I looked for her - but was only able to find a La Quinta Inn & Suites that had shuttle service airport/cruiseport and a breakfast - also rated pretty high on tripadvisor in the price range I think she was looking at.

ekerr19,

We're arriving on March 26.

To all those at the Sleep Inn. I looked at that and almost booked it. It looked pretty good for a pre-cruise.

We have not stayed here, but my TA recommended the Hampton Inn Plantation. He said they have shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to ship.

He has used this hotel himself and said it was close to shopping and restaurants.

We have a free night a Embassy through our Hilton rewards or we would have booked the Hampton for our upcoming cruise on Volendam.

Jan

I've stayed at a Sleep Inn before - but not the one in FLL. They are not too bad. They are very similar to Holiday Inn Express if you've stayed in one of these. The Sleep Inn's all have the same layout. It's a couple of floors, all inside access to the rooms, basic small lobby, continental breakfast. It would be just fine for your pre-cruise stay since you don't need lots of ammenities. If the price is right - go for it!

try the comfort inn 2520 stirling road hollywood, florida. phone # 954-922-1600

they have free shuttle service from the airport to hotel and from the hotel to the cruise line.

use the web-site choice hotels.com and they'll do everything for you and you'll be surprised by the rates. tell them you're aaa number or senior citizen and they give a discount.

this is for the hotels with shuttle service

Archived