Why is my TA giving me a refund, not Carnival?

HI,

I hope some of you that knows about the travel business that can answer this for me. I can't understand this.

I made a final cruise payment to an established national TA recently. They contacted Carnival and submitted the final payment. While on the phone, the TA agent was informed by Carnival that there's a price reduction which they didn't realize until they charge my CC. Since I just made the final payment, immediately the TA told me that Carnival will refund me(good gesture on Carnival's part) about $1,000. The TA assured me that I will get the 1K refund as I was kind of skeptical at the time because of the huge discount.

Several days later, my CC only show a refund of $290. When i contacted the TA again(talked to many nice agents at the call center over days) to complain, she told me (after waiting for 15min and she spoke to her supervisor) that her company will send out the remaing refund(about $750) to me. She gave me the assurance that it will get process.

So what the heck is going? Did someone screwed up so the additional refund has to be sent out by the TA?

Very puzzle, if and when I get the refund check, I can't complain.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Archived