Bayahibe Beach Break

lynn247

Has anyone done the Bayahibe Beach Break offered by Royal Caribbean?

What can you tell me about it - nice beach - public restrooms - someplace nice to get a bite to eat?

Also, does anyone have photos of the 300 steps needed to walk down on the Altos de Chavon & Mississippi Boat Tour? That is the tour that interests us the most, but I am afraid of those steps that I've heard about. I understand that they are not very even steps? Is there a railing to hold on to while you are going down?

I know we can do any tour on our own, but since we have to be back on the ship by 2PM, I don't want to have to worry about the time.

I can only speak about the beach. We visited this beach as well as Dominico beach and felt that Dominico beach was a far far far better beach. Bayahibe beach doesn't really have much to offer besides a few small street vendors selling souvenirs and a little bar. If you have time for just one beach, then I'd go with Dominico beach for sure.

I can only speak about the beach. We visited this beach as well as Dominico beach and felt that Dominico beach was a far far far better beach. Bayahibe beach doesn't really have much to offer besides a few small street vendors selling souvenirs and a little bar. If you have time for just one beach, then I'd go with Dominico beach for sure.

Correction, that's Dominicus beach, not Dominico.

Just back from Explorer Of the Seas 9 night cruise. The Bayahibe Beach Break was sold out on the cruise so we decided to take a taxi to Bayahibe Beach on our own. The cost of the taxi was $15 round trip for adult and 12 per child. You set a time for pick up with your driver and you don't pay until the ride back to the ship. We arrived at the beach and immediately started to get hounded by hairbraiders and people selling stuff. The chairs for rent were made out of twine and sticks. We realized right away we made a mistake. Luckily right on the other side of a rope was a beautiful resort called Sunscape Casa Del Mar. We went over there and bought a day pass for $50 per adult and $25 per child. This price included all the food and drink, total use of facilities. They had 2 nice pools. ONe had an iceburg and the other was an infinity pool with a swim up bar. The beach was nice and had a water trampoline. We ate at a buffet. There were many topless sunbathers. We really had a great day. After getting back on the ship and talking with people who went into town they were very disa ppointed. I would highly reccomend the day passes at Sunscape Casa Del Mar.

Just back from Explorer Of the Seas 9 night cruise. The Bayahibe Beach Break was sold out on the cruise so we decided to take a taxi to Bayahibe Beach on our own. The cost of the taxi was $15 round trip for adult and 12 per child. You set a time for pick up with your driver and you don't pay until the ride back to the ship. We arrived at the beach and immediately started to get hounded by hairbraiders and people selling stuff. The chairs for rent were made out of twine and sticks. We realized right away we made a mistake. Luckily right on the other side of a rope was a beautiful resort called Sunscape Casa Del Mar. We went over there and bought a day pass for $50 per adult and $25 per child. This price included all the food and drink, total use of facilities. They had 2 nice pools. ONe had an iceburg and the other was an infinity pool with a swim up bar. The beach was nice and had a water trampoline. We ate at a buffet. There were many topless sunbathers. We really had a great day. After getting back on the ship and talking with people who went into town they were very disa ppointed. I would highly reccomend the day passes at Sunscape Casa Del Mar.

Our 9 night Explorer cruise (1/23/09) has us in Casa de Campo from 7:30AM until only 2PM. Does it pay to get a day pass at Sunscape Casa Del Mar?

Not sure if it will be worth your time and money. We had the same hours for San Juan. By the time you get up and have breakfast your not getting off the ship until 9:30am. It didn't leave much time to go to a beach. Fortunately in San Juan you walk directly off the ship and the town is right there. In the Dominican Republic it was a 20 minute ride to go anywhere. There is nothing where the ship docks. Those are very bad hours for that port.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

We actually spent a week at a Sunscape in Punta Cana and it was very nice. We just didn't like where it was located because the water was very choppy and lots of seaweed. I think it was because it was located where the Caribbean meets the Atlantic and there were some strong currents. This Sunscape closed about a year after we were there.

Anyway, how far from the port is Sunscape Casa Del Mar? I know some people have gone to the Iberostar for the day so I was wondering which one is closer since we're not in port for very long. I believe we are there from 11 am to 6 pm.

Appreciate any information you can provide.

Sunscape is closer to port than Iberostar but only by minutes. They (Sunscape, Iberostar, Oasis Canoa) are all about 25 minutes from port.

Thanks for the information. Did you have to make reservations at Sunscape prior to going? Was it $50 total/person? How much was the taxi ride there?

Patty

I liked it and so did the kids. Water was a little rough due to the winds that day. There are some (not a lot) larger rocks that will suprise you when walking in the water. The pool is incredible, big and warm, lots of activities. You might see some topless women. Only complaint I would have is that is was too quick, but that is nobody's fault. 4 hours went very fast. We are beach people so this excursion at this port was a no-brainer for us. We figured that if we did it on our own, we would have gained an extra half hour. Trade off there is relying on cabs.

I liked it and so did the kids. Water was a little rough due to the winds that day. There are some (not a lot) larger rocks that will suprise you when walking in the water. The pool is incredible, big and warm, lots of activities. You might see some topless women. Only complaint I would have is that is was too quick, but that is nobody's fault. 4 hours went very fast. We are beach people so this excursion at this port was a no-brainer for us. We figured that if we did it on our own, we would have gained an extra half hour. Trade off there is relying on cabs.

We're beach people too...........sounds nice, I just wish it was for a longer period of time - I'm sure 4 hours goes quickly!

Archived