DCL vs Princess vs RCCL vs Carnival

Laura61

We(myself, DH and DD9) have never done a Disney Cruise but have sailed with all of the other 3 mentioned above and are currently booked on RCCL's LOS for August '08. Friends of ours want us to join them on DCL's Wonder in August '09. It seems that the price for a 4 night cruise on the Wonder is priced the same as our 7 night LOS cruise for similar cabin categories. Why is DCL so expensive and is it worth it?

Our last 3 cruises have been w/ Princess(OP,Golden and Grand) and LOS will be our first Voyager class cruise.

I am going to post this on the other message boards as well so - sorry if you see this post several times!

Thanks for your feedback!

We enjoyed our DCL cruise, but LOVED Princess. IMO I would not pay the same for a DCL 4 night instead of taking a 7 night.

Rooms were larger on DCL, and Castaway Cay is the nicest private island we've seen. (Princess Cays is my 2nd favorite). Food and service were much better on Princess. And we really liked having 2 adult-only pools on the Caribbean Princess, the one aft is especially nice. Our girls actually preferred th princess kids club to DCL, said DCL was way too crowded. The dempgraphic is obviosly different- there were nearly 1000 kids on our DCL cruise, seemed alot of first time cruise families, aand alot of overstimulated kids. Princess was more mixed. DCL of course has Mickey, which nobody else has.

So, if you want to cruise with Mickey, as we done once in awhile, DCL is the way to go. Otherwise I don't think it's paying more for as we liked other cruise lines better overall.

Rooms were larger on DCL,

Rooms are not larger for the same category or the same price.

Though we enjoyed out DCL cruises, we will most likely never cruise with DCL again. We've tried other cruiselines and are happy with what they offer at a significantly lower price than DCL.

Of all our cruises thus far, we enjoyed our RCCL Voyager of the Seas cruise the most of all. There was so much to do for the entire family, the kids club was very good, and similar to what you noticed in the pricing, for the price of our DCL Navigator's Verandah, we were able to get the Owner's Suite on RCCL.

Howard

Archived