South Beach dress code

gypsyrose

I know the beach is tops optional at least in places. I'm more concerned about going out in the evenings. Want to meander thru several hotels and bars, people watching and taking in all the SOBE sights. Going to the Delano, Hotel Victor and Tantra (thanks lmndrop and blue heron). I will dress in (hopefully) a hip and cool outfit but DH will probably want to wear a Harley shirt and shorts. Will he look out of place? Will it be frowned upon in a place such as Tantra? He WILL wear something else, would just prefer to be more casual if he can get away w/ it. Will probably not be hitting any of the late nite discos or anything. Just walking around early evening to midnite.

I will dress in (hopefully) a hip and cool outfit but DH will probably want to wear a Harley shirt and shorts. Will he look out of place? Will it be frowned upon in a place such as Tantra? He WILL wear something else, would just prefer to be more casual if he can get away w/ it. Will probably not be hitting any of the late nite discos or anything. Just walking around early evening to midnite.

YES!!! Attire is very important and he will not get in anywhere in short and a Harley shirt. You are basically measured up and down and dress code is always strictly enforced in these places.

If, however, you are just walking around at night with no intent to go in anywhere then shorts and shirt are fine.

What I figured. No problem, he can do the casual thing at day and look handsome at nite for me. Because I definitely want to go into these places. Want to hit the ones you guys have mentioned and have a drink at each one. You or BH said to have an app and drink at Tantra (or spend $100 pp). Think we'll just drink and have appetizers and all the hip and hot bars in town. Not much of the disco type people so we won't be hitting those. Thanks for your quick response.

Ate at the Blue Door @ the Delano a couple of months ago. Food was good but this was my wife and I's favorite place we hung out the whole weekend we were there. Great vibe, good music and lots of people watching. Shorts and Harley t-shirt would be out of place but casual dress is ok

I thought the Blue Door looked like a really fancy place to eat, not a bar to hang out in. Did I misread the pics I saw on the website? We are really looking for a neat place to hang out for a few drinks. We will be in Sobe for 2 nites before our cruise. Any other places you would recommend?

We were in south beach just a few weeks ago and saw all types of dress up and down the main drag. My friend and I were in casual (sun) dresses and our hubbys were in (dressy) shorts and polos. We didn't feel out of place at all, and had a really nice dinner and some drinks. We didn't try to get into any of the super trendy clubs, that really isn't our thing, but we saw people in all sorts of outfits walking around and enjoying the people watching.

Archived