Is there a difference between Paradise Point and Mountain View?

EricaLovesCats

I have read different threads that use either word...but I think they are talking about the same place. Just want to make sure!

And if they are 2 different places, what is the difference between the 2?

Also, is the road up walkable? Close to the pier or beaches?

They are 2 different places. Paradise Point overlooks Charlotte Amalie and Havensight. You can take the tram from Havensight ( where you are docked ) There are a couple of small shopsand a restaurant there, when we stopped there was entertainment. The hill is extremely steep- you could hike it up, but I wouldn't.

Moutaintop is on the north side of the island. There are a bunch of shops and a huge bar that make the original banana daquiri. delicious. You would have to take a cab or excursion in order to get there.

Is one better than the other? Are they similar but just in different areas?

We want to do Coki beach/Coral World, but we also want to do one of these overlooks. Trying to decide which one is more convenient as far as being able to either hit it on the way to, or on the way back from Coki. Can any one tell me which would be the best for us?

Paradise Point and Mountain top are two totally separate places.

Each has their own claim to fame:

MOUNTAINTOP: Home of the original Banana Daquari (in my opinion very over-priced & watered down) They have a nice view of Megan's Bay from their small deck. (standing room only last time I was there).

DISTANCE: Mountaintop is about a 20-25 minute taxi ride from the cruise ship dock at Havensight. (Be sure to ask your driver to wait there for you as this is not a place that they frequent on their regular routes).

PARADISE POINT:Creator of the world-famous Bushwhacker (sooo delicious. You HAVE to try one). I make a point of traming up to PP each time I'm in St. Thomas just to have a bushwhacker while sitting on their deck Point overlooking Charlotte Amalie harbor:-))). (It's a BEAUTIFUL view and very relaxing)

Here is the Paradise Point wesite: http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/

Enjoy!

Annie

DISTANCE: The Paradise Point Tram is just a 3 or 4 block walk from the cruise ship dock in Havensight.

Archived