Royal Caribbean excursions

Sunbeam56

I have a cruise reserved on the Med for October 4th. I went into "My cruises" on Royal Caribbean to check my account and I noticed that I could already reserve excursions.

My problem is that you can reserve the excursion but you have to pay for it right away - over 7 months in advance.

Has anybody else experienced that?

I am currently doing the same thing but I love it this way because they will all be paid off. This is the way you must do it unless you wait until you board and then you are taking the chance of getting shut out

If you need to cancel you can for a full refund to your credit card up until 10 days before sailing. After 10 days then you have to wait until you board to cancel and the amount will be credited to your seapass

I have a cruise reserved on the Med for October 4th. I went into "My cruises" on Royal Caribbean to check my account and I noticed that I could already reserve excursions.

My problem is that you can reserve the excursion but you have to pay for it right away - over 7 months in advance.

Has anybody else experienced that?

For all RCL sailings you have to pay for the excursion at the time you reserve it. Just wait until closer if you do not want to pay now. Unless it is a very popular excursion it will not sell out real far in advance.

We also like booking and paying ahead of time. It adds to the anticipation of the trip. it lets you look them over closely and give time to check out private operators as well. When you book, you have your choice of times.

Paying ahead -- yes, they can then all be paid off well before the cruise. Then your onboard expenses during the cruise will be all you need to worry about.

And they are really good with the refunds. We have cancelled and changed excursions with no hassles at all.

I have an excursion question-I want to interact with the dolphins but my husband doesn't. He just wants to be an observer. How should I book this? thru RCCL or someone else? I called RCCL and they couldn't answer this question so they had me email the coordinator. I was wondering if any of you had this same issue.

I have an excursion question-I want to interact with the dolphins but my husband doesn't. He just wants to be an observer. How should I book this? thru RCCL or someone else? I called RCCL and they couldn't answer this question so they had me email the coordinator. I was wondering if any of you had this same issue.

I would think since they sell seats on the tour if your husband wants to go along he would have to buy the tour. Every tour we have been on they collect your ticket as your are boarding the bus/van, etc and I doubt you would be allowed to go if you weren't booked.

Since the OP is from Canada, if they book and pay for their excursions on a $CAD credit card before the cruise and then cancels them, they will lose or pay a CC exchange service fee for the separate transactions which could be as high as 5% for both. If you book onboard, it is put on your onboard account and then if you cancel, a credit is covers the original billing and does not get billed to your CC since this is done at the end of the cruise.

For most bus excursions it is just necessary to book early when onboard. With most bus tours, RC simply keeps adding buses to accommodate the demand. They will indicate if there is limited space for any reason. You don't want to try to book a tour, that you really want, very close to the actual date since they probably won't add another bus for just a few passengers.

I don't have a problem paying a transportaion fee for him to ride the ferry and wait on the beach while I interact but $200 is a lot of $$$.

Your best bet is to wait and hear from the person you emailed as I have never seen a different price for someone who wanted to observe. Please post what you find out as we would be interested.

I will post my reply ASAP. I did notice that shoretrips.com charges a $20fee for observers but I am not sure if it is the same dolphin interaction.

Have you gone on the port of call board for whatever port you are thinking of doing this to get recommendations for private tours?

What port is the dolphin interaction you are referring to? If in Cozumel you can book directly through dolphin discovery.

Archived