The food is fine it's the........

amount that is the problem. We have been on several cruise on different lines. RCCL is our favourite. Problem is they serve way too much food. Bun, nother bun, appetizer, bun, soup, salad, main course and then dessert. I swear I eat as much as I weigh each and every day! (when on a cruise).

The foodies that complain about the quality of the food, live for food. They do. Portions are irrelevant. Variety is their spice of life. For example, by a show of hands, who at home today ate salad, 2 slices of pizza, a hamburger, mashed potatoes with fish & chips, some chicken, soup, rice, hot dog and a variety of desserts FOR LUNCH!!!!!!

amount that is the problem. We have been on several cruise on different lines. RCCL is our favorite. Problem is they serve way too much food. Bun, nother bun, appetizer, bun, soup, salad, main course and then dessert. I swear I eat as much as I weigh each and every day! (when on a cruise).

The foodies that complain about the quality of the food, live for food. They do. Portions are irrelevant. Variety is their spice of life. For example, by a show of hands, who at home today ate salad, 2 slices of pizza, a hamburger, mashed potatoes with fish & chips, some chicken, soup, rice, hot dog and a variety of desserts FOR LUNCH!!!!!!

I couldn't agree with you more. I can't believe that people actually complain about the food. Well maybe I can........I saw alot of people that have a few issues with food:eek:

amount that is the problem. We have been on several cruise on different lines. RCCL is our favourite. Problem is they serve way too much food. Bun, nother bun, appetizer, bun, soup, salad, main course and then dessert. I swear I eat as much as I weigh each and every day! (when on a cruise).

I don't eat lunch. At home or on a cruise ship.

People who are into food are not into huge amounts of it.

I'd rather have very delicious food in small amounts than a huge plate of food that is just ok.

On a cruise I don't expect gourmet food.

I swear I eat as much as I weigh each and every day! (when on a cruise).

For example, by a show of hands, who at home today ate salad, 2 slices of pizza, a hamburger, mashed potatoes with fish & chips, some chicken, soup, rice, hot dog and a variety of desserts FOR LUNCH!!!!!!

I hope that I'm not behind you at the Windjammer! :) :D :)

Hi Everyone

OK let me first start by saying "Who is the world wants to complain about a meal that is "Cooked for you"? I know i'm not complaining! On the last post about the quality of the food I stated this. Where are you going to go for $123.93 a day (thats the price of my current cruise) that gives you entertainment, a bed to sleep in, unlimited food, and fun? :confused: If someone could go somewhere and get 5 star food quality, entertainment, a bed to sleep in, and fun for that amount I say you would be my hero.

RCCL food is just fine. It's even better that it is cooked for me and I don't have to clean up! I haven't seen anyone come off of a ship looking as if they are starving. I for one roll of the ship by the end. I like the fact that I can have dessert a couple of times a day and eat anything I want. I indulge 2 times a year when I cruise. I don't worry about counting calories because I am on a fantastic trip.

RCCL has not disappointmented me in service and food. For those who require a $300.00 meal well I guess there is always land based vacations.

Oh and I like "Bun, nother bun, appetizer, bun, soup, salad, main course and then dessert". You only live once so enjoy for all its worth.

I am now off my soap box now! :rolleyes:

Happy Sailing!:)

Hi Everyone

OK let me first start by saying "Who is the world wants to complain about a meal that is "Cooked for you"? I know i'm not complaining! On the last post about the quality of the food I stated this. Where are you going to go for $123.93 a day (thats the price of my current cruise) that gives you entertainment, a bed to sleep in, unlimited food, and fun? :confused: If someone could go somewhere and get 5 star food quality, entertainment, a bed to sleep in, and fun for that amount I say you would be my hero.

RCCL food is just fine. It's even better that it is cooked for me and I don't have to clean up! I haven't seen anyone come off of a ship looking as if they are starving. I for one roll of the ship by the end. I like the fact that I can have dessert a couple of times a day and eat anything I want. I indulge 2 times a year when I cruise. I don't worry about counting calories because I am on a fantastic trip.

RCCL has not disappointmented me in service and food. For those who require a $300.00 meal well I guess there is always land based vacations.

Oh and I like "Bun, nother bun, appetizer, bun, soup, salad, main course and then dessert". You only live once so enjoy for all its worth.

I am now off my soap box now! :rolleyes:

Happy Sailing!:)

I hope you are not upset I said this, I was just pointing out the AMOUNT of food that is served. Seemed a bit too much for me. :rolleyes:

Hi,

I am not upset at all. I do like the fact that I can get whatever I want. There have been so many complaints about food that I am glad to hear about there being to much food. I agree with you that there is to much food. It gets me when people complain about the quality, what it used to be etc etc. I tell you, most of the people that complain about the quality are probably the people that pile their plates up so high they can barely see over them. :D

My complaint is there is only one of me and way to much food!:D

Happy sailing! :)

Hi,

I am not upset at all. I do like the fact that I can get whatever I want. There have been so many complaints about food that I am glad to hear about there being to much food. I agree with you that there is to much food. It gets me when people complain about the quality, what it used to be etc etc. I tell you, most of the people that complain about the quality are probably the people that pile their plates up so high they can barely see over them. :D

My complaint is there is only one of me and way to much food!:D

Happy sailing! :)

I'm very short and the plates are very thick? :D

I have to admit that I may easily eat more at a meal in the DR than I might eat all day at home. That is definitley true at dinner time. Stack in all of the in-between snacks and meals, one can really pack it in/on during the cruise...one reason I seldom ever take the elevator, I need to burn all the extra calories so use the stairs.

I have to admit that I may easily eat more at a meal in the DR than I might eat all day at home. That is definitley true at dinner time. Stack in all of the in-between snacks and meals, one can really pack it in/on during the cruise...one reason I seldom ever take the elevator, I need to burn all the extra calories so use the stairs.

Stairs? Where were the stairs? Geez no wonder I gained weight!:D

Hi Rancher Dave,

Yes the stairs are a wonderful way to get rid of those extra calories. DH was cursing me the entire cruise last time because I had him climbing those stairs to the WJ. :D I told him that, that is the secret to not gaining much weight while on the cruise. He said because I had him up and down those stairs so much he would have to eat double just to keep his strength up. :D

Happy Sailing!

Okay, Dh is a foodie. He is also a great chef and used to own his own restaurant. On our last cruise he actually lost 5 lbs. And he didn't take the stairs. In fact, most of the time he was in a wheelchair. He was still recovering from an appendectomy done the old fashioned way, by incision. It had leaked into the colon. BTW he was 80 yrs old at the time. He didn't gorge himself at breakfast, ate the same as at home. Most days no lunch, maybe a light snack in the late afternoon. At dinner he skipped the soup and appetizers, unless it was something special like the escargot, and had his entree and dessert and coffee. I didn't gain anything because I didn't gorge myself either. Just because it is there, doesn't mean you have to eat it!!

We do enjou the thing we don't normally have at home. And the fact that it is prepared and served to us makes it special.

Oh and did I mention we had plenty of cocktails pre and post dinner, and those delicious Pina Coladas by the pool. Also ice cream in the afternoon.

So it can be done. Just don't eat everything in sight!!

No one is forcing food down your throat. If you are eating too many rolls at dinner, cut back. If there are too many courses, skip some.

I try to make it a rule not to eat bread at dinner. I do not order dessert except for fresh fruit. I'm not an angel. I just try not to gain weight when I'm on a cruise. I try to eat healthfully no matter where I am.

I don't understand complaining about how much food there is. Discipline yourself if you're not happy with what you're eating.

Archived