Nitrogen is back

nitrogenaddict

After a lot of renovation and organising of new equipement, Nitrogen Addict is back in business. He is now at Maya Palms Resort and Diving Centre. It is a PADI and SSI centre. There will be nitrox available in December. The website is http://www.mayapalms.com and contact with nitro is at mayapalmsdiving@hotmail.com

I have to say that my friends were very disappointed last week. After corresponding with you several times by email and on MSN messenger about a resort course for them, I followed the last instructions I had which were to email you right before we left on our cruise. I emailed you the week before and didn't receive a response. I was even checking my email from the ship to make sure.

When we arrived in Costa Maya, they went straight to Maya Palms. There they were told that you had left early that morning and that you didn't have any reservations for that day. They later were told that they would not have been able to dive anyway since the waters were too murky due to hurricane Ivan. It would have been nice if they could have saved themselves the trip to Maya Palms. They would have at least have been able to hang out with the rest of my group for the whole day rather than being off on their own.

Hopefully, now that you are announcing that you are settled, things will be smoother in the future.

Amy

Hello Amy,

I am sorry for the confusion. I had received an email the day before from 2 people from the ship mentioning your group. I sent a reply stating that because of the hurricanes effects here there would be no diving and asked them to pass on the message. I now have email access daily and this will not happen again I can assure you.

After a lot of renovation and organising of new equipement, Nitrogen Addict is back in business. He is now at Maya Palms Resort and Diving Centre. It is a PADI and SSI centre. There will be nitrox available in December. The website is http://www.mayapalms.com and contact with nitro is at mayapalmsdiving@hotmail.com
Nitrogen .... we visited this resort back a few years ago when it was Maya Ha Resort, and they picked us up directly from the cruise pier .... the current website info for Maya Palms seems geared for Resort guests, not cruise ship divers ... will you be updating to include info for 'day' divers? Will you have pick-up from the pier? Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated as we're trying to plan our diving for our November cruise!!

We will be operating from the town centre on cruise ship days. We have an arrangement with one of the tour operators at the pier to bring our guests to the town. We will be closer to the pier which gives us more time to get people back to their ships. We have a place in town for all the equipment and this is more convenient. By operating from the town centre it aslo gives the non diving members something to do.

Maya Palms is 10 km or 6 miles from the town and costs around 20 USD for a one way trip. This is why we operate from the town centre. Frome the town we have over 12 different sites to go to . It is the same in front of the town as where we are situated and the diving is on the same reef. I will check out your kayaking and diving questions.

Nitro-What a great source of information you are. We are interested in renting a 4X4 type vehicle that will allow us to properly visit your fine country as well as ****************. I have looked everywhere for a vendor to no avail. Any information you could provide will be greatly appreciated. Have a great day.beer.gif

Hi Timmy,

Sorry no 4x4 for rent YET. In time I am sure that will be happening. Most people rent 4 wheel bikes or golfcarts to get around now. As there is only one coast road it is not easy to get lost and the road is not in bad shape. You really do not need a 4x4 here.

Nitro

Nitro,

I will be in town on Dec. 4th. I want to go ahead and get booked for that day. I just want to know how much before I book.

I also gather I will not have to go to the resort. I can hook up with you guys in the town center. How far away is that from the cruise pier? Would the person in town take me where I need to go? What dives do you guys normally do? More wreck or pretty fish?

I know these may be stupid questions, but I want to get all of the info before I take the plunge.

Hi there Cre8tive1,

We will be operating from the town centre to save everyone trying to get to the resort. We are 6 miles from town. Maybe in the future when we can arrange our own transport then we will bring everyone to the resoprt. For now we want people to know that they can dive from Costa maya. The diving is looking at pretty fish, corals, sponges, and whatever else is in our magic world below the surface. Unfortunately no wrecks to speak of unless you are talking about us old salts.

Nitro

Archived