Alaska Photos

charlene2021

Alaska 2006:

http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/alaska2006

Alaska 2004:

http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/alaska3004

If you're thinking of going, be careful! Alaska cruises are like potato chips...you won't be able to settle for just one!

Dave

Dave, you NEVER disappoint.

Here are a few of mine.

HPIM0281.jpg

HPIM0302.jpg

HPIM0304_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My HAL Noordam Alaska pics from 5/20/07 are here... http://sakedad.smugmug.com/gallery/2911393_tPEQr#157112952 But here are a couple of my faves from the trip!!!! For the smaller pictures just click on them to go to a larger version. Aaska was AMAZING!!!!

My first morning in Alaska waters.

158827737_SxYeU-Ti.jpg

Glacier Bay...

159134905_8CWbD-L.jpg

Cruising out of Glacier Bay

159196299_SjC2D-L.jpg

Glaciers outside of Juneu...I took a helicopter up and walk around on one...AMAZING!!!

160028742_GoxsP-L.jpg

Taken in Sitka while on Capt Davey's excursion on the Esther G II

160928175_Q5CC2-Ti.jpg

Ketchikan (from my balcony on the Noordam)

161057684_ZYkFE-Ti.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alaska is like nowhere on earth - the scenery is just beautiful! We entered Glacier Bay on 18/5/08 on Carnival Spirit in heavy mist. It was freezing cold and this only added to our disappointment as we thought that we would not be able to see the Glaciers. Then as we approached the Glaciers, the mist/cloud started to lift. It turned into the most memorable day!

The Anticipation:

alaskacrusingglacierbayetc201.jpg

Mill Pond:

alaskacrusingglacierbayetc215.jpg

Journeys' End:

GLACIERCALVING.jpg

Margerie Glacier:

alaskacrusingglacierbayetc236.jpg

Eldred Rock Lighthouse: (Viewed after leaving Glacier Bay)

skagwayjuneauglacierbay051.jpg

janette

Since my Feb post on this thread I have gone back to Alaska last month and now have posted my Alaska 2008 photos on my photo website: www.jprphotos.com We were on the June 13th sailing on the Celebrity Millenium and did a 5 day land tour after the cruise. I had a fantastic trip and I am looking forward to the next time I return to Alaska. In addition to Alaska I have photos from many different cruises posted there as well. I hope you enjoy them.

These are some wonderful photos by everyone! They have me very exited about our Sept cruise.

Pierces,you work is just visually stunning!

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Alaska is a fine subject and has no lack of stunning!

If this is your first Alaska cruise, I'll tell you from experience...it won't be the last!

Since my Feb post on this thread I have gone back to Alaska last month and now have posted my Alaska 2008 photos on my photo website: www.jprphotos.com We were on the June 13th sailing on the Celebrity Millenium and did a 5 day land tour after the cruise. I had a fantastic trip and I am looking forward to the next time I return to Alaska. In addition to Alaska I have photos from many different cruises posted there as well. I hope you enjoy them.

Very nice photos! I am green with envy that Denali took off its hat for you. Did you know that only 35% of the visitors ever see the mountain without clouds?

I guess I have to go back!

Dave

If this is your first Alaska cruise, I'll tell you from experience...it won't be the last!

Yes ,this is the first. Hoping to add some nice images to my others from recent travels. Here are some of mine. Not like yours I might add.

Archived