Help

dandygirl

The teens in our group at Uxmal seemed to be having a good time. It's educational and there's some good climbing to be had.

Then there's Corona Beach...Beach toys, water and sun as well as cheap coronas for the big folks. I really don't think you need to book either of these in advance if you'd like to learn more while you are enroute.

there is also an open air bus tour that will take you around Progresso that was $2.00 per person last time we were there. It leaves from and returns to the market that the busses from the ship drop you off at.... just as you reach the end of the pier,when going in to town, look to your left, that is Corona Beach.... it is about a 3 block walk or so from the market... the beach is directly at the end of the street that runs beside the market(exit left off the bus, go to the corner and walk back from the direction you came@ 3 blocks) ( the water at the beach is not beautiful like the water in Cozumel, but looks more like the water in Galveston). there are water toys(jet skis,bananna boat, I think para-sailing but am not sure about that).... waiters from across the street will come across and take your orders for food... and there is always the hair braiding, and local vendors present...

we were there in Dec we did the DZ ruins we had a good time although it was almost too informative we did get to climb on any of the ruin we wanted too and the cenote water was crystal clear and very much swimable not the dirty water I expected so if you want take the swimsuit because the weather is hot by the way we booked thru the ship transportation was great tour guide as I said was almost too informative but loved his countrys heritage and his job his name was Cesar if want to learn about the ruins I suggest when walking to the busses ask if he working that day.when the tour is over they drop you back at the peir at the boat so if you want to go in to town you have to wait on a shuttle for the 4 mi. ride back to town.

Check out the other post about Reef Yucatan Resort. You can loaf by their pool or beach, take a tour of some small ruins and even visit a flamingo sanctuary. The tour doesn't leave town until 10:00 or 10:30 so it gives you time to take the open air bus tour and do a little shopping. You can also grab a few items when you get back to town.

We will be in Progresso in May and I have 3 teenagers and another couple going with us. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we should see or do while we are there?

We did this same cruise last year w/2 teens and 3 early 20's, + we're over 40. We were so busy at Cozumel the day before we were exhausted, so we all just chilled on the beach at Progresso. Did a little shopping, a lot of lounging and drinking. It was very relaxing, the waiters that come across the street from the resteraunts take really good care of you, and everything was very inexpensive. You can also ride banana boat, a few water activities, but we just found it great to chill! :o

Archived