Coral Princess "Best of Cartagena & Fortress" excursion

Francis Drake

I have been reading the informative posts here and believe the Coral Princess "Best of Cartagena" tour will give me what I am looking for on the tour - time in the walled city, monestary and fortress. Anyone take this tour and if so, any feedback?

Thanks in advance!

We enjoyed this excursion. You see a lot in a short period of time. The busses were smaller so the groups were also. They also used wireless headsets for everybody in the group so you could listen to the guide without standing right next to him. It was a nice touch and I wished all the tours would do that.

• 2 weeks later...
We enjoyed this excursion. You see a lot in a short period of time. The busses were smaller so the groups were also. They also used wireless headsets for everybody in the group so you could listen to the guide without standing right next to him. It was a nice touch and I wished all the tours would do that.

We are doing this tour in April. A friend going with us has become somewhat wheelchair bound since we booked the cruise a year ago. He is able to get on and off a bus on his own but cant walk any distance. Will he have a problem on this tour? The wheelchair folds up. Will there be a problem with that?

The wheelchair could be a tough one. Both the Fortress and the Monistary can involve a lot of climbing. The Fortress has some steep ramps that go up some distance. Depending on where the tour bus finds a parking place, it can also be quite an uphill climb to the Monistary. Those two places probably make up about half of the tour time.

ericosmith....Thanks for the info. Thats about what I expected. This might be one he will have to miss. Then again we might not even be visiting Cartagena with the unrest there. I'm going to discuss the tour situation with our friends and wait until closer to the sail date to cancel the tour.

Archived