RSVP Card Help

tamster808

I have decided to make my own invitations. I can't believe it- I am NOT crafty at all. The template for the pochette invitation from Aylle Designs. I am getting monograms from her too. Back to the RSVP cards- how did everyone handle it. If they are non-sailing, which I should have few if any, I need their nationality, DOB and Passport or Driver's License info. If they are sailing I need their name and stateroom number. How did everyone handle this? I don't know if I shoudl have to RSVP cards. I don't want to make it too confusing.

Our travel agent kept us updated on the state room numbers -- as they were assigned she let me know. Maybe once you get the RSVP, and closer to the wedding, just call the non-sailing guests for their information? Would keep the RSVP cards simple that way.

I didn't even do RSVP cards because it was too much of a hassle for the same problems that you are having. If i did do them, i would have just called them closer to the date and ask for the info that way. You shouldn't send that info in until 3 weeks prior to the wedding anyhow and just in case people drop out and stuff, i would wait until its closer to the deadline.

Whew, it sure is alot to think about isn't it Tameka! :o I wondered the same thing...what we have done is sent out periodic "Wedding Newsletters" and through that, we've been able to get a good grasp on who is attending, sailing or non. Our Carnival PVP has kept me up-to-date on stateroom numbers. Also, we requested they email us their legal names, dob, etc... in the newsletter. We have found it to be very effective and will not be sending any RSVPs with our formal invititations. Hope this helps! :)

I actually found a "Do it Yourself" packet at Michael's for Invitations. It looked very elegant & matched my colors (Pink & Brown) so I picked it up. We won't be having many people, around 50, and the pack is only for 30 invitations so I think I'm set. Hopefully, they turn out fabulous but I am soooo not a crafty person. RSVP cards were included.

Also, I'll be shooting the pics next weekend for my Save the Dates. I do photography as a hobby. Hopefully, those turn out well, too.

Archived