Anyone on Caribbean Princess and in St.Marteen on 2/13/08

H2OH!

While shopping in St. Marteen on 2/13/08, myself (a nurse) along with 2 other cruise passengers (one was an EMT) performed CPR on a gentleman who collapsed while shopping at one of the jewelry stores at the pier. What I know is that he was a 61 year old man from the Cleveland area and that he and his wife were passengers on Caribbean Princess. The ambulance did take him to the hospital but I have no idea what the outcome was or if he survived. When I returned to our ship, Carnival Freedom, I had our pursers office contact Caribbean Princess ship to let them know they may be missing 2 passengers and for someone to contact the local hospital to help the wife and offer assistance. They said they would follow-up...I sure hope they did.

I have been thinking about this man and his wife ever since and wanted to see of anyone knew this family or heard anything about this while on this cruise. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Archived