do you purchase the vacation protection plan?

MnAsMom

My husband and I were discussing the possibility of one of our boys coming down with something... or us for that matter and what a bummer it would be to cruise sick or with a sick child. Does the vacation protection plan Carnival offers cover things like this or does it have to be something major. My little guy is super prone to ear infections and is a mess when he has one... I'd hate to lose all our $ if he got sick and we needed to cancel or reschedule our cruise. Would this protect us?? And if one of our boys was sick I would assume it would be acceptable for all 4 of us to cancel right? I just have no clue how this all works! Chances are in late June we would all be healthy as it's summertime and not sick season, but you never can tell!

Thanks

~Tondi

My husband and I were discussing the possibility of one of our boys coming down with something... or us for that matter and what a bummer it would be to cruise sick or with a sick child. Does the vacation protection plan Carnival offers cover things like this or does it have to be something major. My little guy is super prone to ear infections and is a mess when he has one... I'd hate to lose all our $ if he got sick and we needed to cancel or reschedule our cruise. Would this protect us?? And if one of our boys was sick I would assume it would be acceptable for all 4 of us to cancel right? I just have no clue how this all works! Chances are in late June we would all be healthy as it's summertime and not sick season, but you never can tell!

Thanks

~Tondi

I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer to this question. We've skipped insurance when we've been on a short cruise in an inexpensive room; in those cases, we could afford to "eat" the cost if something happened . . . on the other hand, if we're traveling in a balcony cabin with the whole family for a week, we cannot afford to risk losing that amount of money.

Yes, if ONE member of your family is sick, the entire family's ticket price is refunded (minus the cost of the insurance premium). I remember those days with ear infections! It gets better.

Thats kinda what I figured.... the few hundred dollars is worth the peace of mind knowing that if any of us don't feel well we won't be losing the money for our family vacation!

Thanks for the quick response!

~Tondi

Archived