Sofa bed in Staterooms 1A/2A

peterm

The general stateroom description says:... sitting area with SOFA BED ...., while the deckplans show only some staterooms with a little square = convertible sofa bed. Can you please tell me the difference?

Thanks, Peter

The general stateroom description says:... sitting area with SOFA BED ...., while the deckplans show only some staterooms with a little square = convertible sofa bed. Can you please tell me the difference?

Thanks, Peter

As far as I know the other rooms have only loveseats, are not available for 3rd guest.

I enjoyed our stateroom (1A) on the Quest very much. It was well designed, comfortable, and well maintained.

I think that "intimate" would have been an understatement in describing the stateroom with a third person in it however............

I enjoyed our stateroom (1A) on the Quest very much. It was well designed, comfortable, and well maintained.

I think that "intimate" would have been an understatement in describing the stateroom with a third person in it however............

Hi Ed !

I agree. From what I noticed onboard Quest, I'm do not believe those cabins would be best suited for more than 2 passengers.

Unless that 3rd was a child, (who wouldn't be happy on the Quest anyway) Our loveseat was a sleeper, we've had several cruises that they were sleepers, but it really wasn't very comfortable, even as a loveseat. Need to remove the back pillows to get enough "seat room", but they give you SOO many throw pillows you can use them! Another thing..what's the use of 6 -8pillows on the bed! We asked, butler said "Azamara policy" we asked again that they remove at least half of them, as the cabin isn't big enough to have places for them anywhere but on the floor, which I hated to do (remember the sofa already had a plethora of throw pillows! Next time we entered the room we had 4reg. pillows and those tiny ones with "Azamara" on them, those big 36" square ones vanished much to our delight, plus 2 more reg. pillows.

I just returned from the Quest's 2/2 sailing and we had 3 adults in a 2A stateroom. In our cabin the sofa did pull out to become a suprisingly comfortable single bed. Only the marked cabins have the bed, all others have a regular sofa. The bed had a 3 inch thick matress pad over a series of wooden planks for support so you got even support along your entire body unlike most sofa beds with the wire mesh and the metal bar in the middle of your back. The sofa in the balcony cabins are next to the door to the balcony so once it was opened it blocked access to the veranda unless you climb over it or you partially fold up the bed (preferably once the person occupying it has vacated it.) 3 adults in any standard cabin is a tight squeeze but we never felt claustrophobically close but you have to be very good friends to share the space.

We sailed on the Quest last November with friends. They were in a 2a and only had a chair in the room, no sofa or loveseat. Happy Sailing!
I've heard that the cabins with connecting doors sometimes have only chairs, also are you sure they wern't in the ocean views on deck 6...the obstructed views cabins have only the chair for the desk, and are quite small.

• 3 weeks later...

No - they were definitely in a 2a balcony cabin, but yes it did have a connecting door to another cabin, thus the explanation for the chair. however, if a sofa is important to someone, they should make sure they aren't booking a cabin with the connecting door or they will get a chair instead. Happy Sailing!

No - they were definitely in a 2a balcony cabin, but yes it did have a connecting door to another cabin, thus the explanation for the chair. If a sofa is important to someone, they should make sure they aren't booking a cabin with the connecting door or they will get a chair instead. Happy Sailing!

Archived