Mariner review, 2/10/08 very long

kittymom65

We were on the Western route, but I will check compasses when I get home tonight and let you know about activities on port days.

Would you be willing to scan the compasses? I'm sailing March 23 on the western route and would love to see them. I'd also pay for copying and mailing if you don't want to scan.

Would you be willing to scan the compasses? I'm sailing March 23 on the western route and would love to see them. I'd also pay for copying and mailing if you don't want to scan.

My scanner at home is DEAD. I will have to do it from work when I can find some time. Please post your email adress or email me, and I will get them to you as soon as I can. My email is my screen name at hotmail dot com

My scanner at home is DEAD. I will have to do it from work when I can find some time. Please post your email adress or email me, and I will get them to you as soon as I can. My email is my screen name at hotmail dot com

Email sent. Thanks!

Kittymom, thanks for this wonderful, in depth review of Mariner. I felt like I was there day by day with you. And I must tell you, when you said you were at Labadee and drinking a Labadoozie under a shady tree, I started to LOL. My younger son (age 5.5) walks around our house several times a week, where, out of the blue, he'll say "Labadoozie....so delicious....tastes like chicken." I have no idea why he does this (must have heard the servers saying something and his little boy mind heard this) but it's the funniest thing ever. So you gave me a good laugh today.

We're sailing MOS 3/16 on the eastern itinerary. Did the same as you on Liberty in November. Really enjoyed it as well. I have no excursions planned for the eastern, and have no idea what to do. Must get started.

Thanks again. Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for review, Kitty, our daughter is getting married on the Mariner in July, love the ship, hubby and I cruised her before in March 2005. Will miss her. Hope they have one of the larger ships replace her. Have snorkel in Cozemel before, but I am doing the Cooking Class in Cozemel this trip (love cooking shows). Everyone says they have a great time. Again, thanks for the review.

Thanks for review, Kitty, our daughter is getting married on the Mariner in July, love the ship, hubby and I cruised her before in March 2005. Will miss her. Hope they have one of the larger ships replace her. Have snorkel in Cozemel before, but I am doing the Cooking Class in Cozemel this trip (love cooking shows). Everyone says they have a great time. Again, thanks for the review.

Thanks for sharing your informative review with us. My DH and I will be on the March 23rd sailing and we are really looking forward to the trip. Can you tell me how long it takes to get to Nachi Cocum?

Thanks!

Kitty MOM, thanks so much for the replies. Glad the hat is something different. I'm a "bag" lady, so I love all the bags. (We just get ONE of those right?)

Have a great day.

I am also a "bag lady" so to speak--I managed to aquire a few new ones on this trip.

Yes, the RC "fuel charge" bag is one per cabin.

Thanks for sharing your informative review with us. My DH and I will be on the March 23rd sailing and we are really looking forward to the trip. Can you tell me how long it takes to get to Nachi Cocum?

Thanks!

The taxi stand was very busy in the morning, and therefore, there was a lot of traffic. It took about 15 minutes to get there in the morning, but only about 10 minutes to go back in the afternoon since there were fewer cars out.

I wrote a little more about our Nachi Cocum experience on the Cozumel board as well. You will love it!

Hi, and thanks for your nice and complete review. Do you mind me asking your aprox age and how many cruises you and DH have been on? We are trying to decide about a RCCL vs Celebrity ( we're in our mid-50s and cruised alot on Celebrity but may be ready for achange).

Some of the member reviews for Mariner were pretty brutal. You seem to really love it. Is Johnny Rockets free or do you pay for that and for icecream. You sound like you had good food expereinces but others complain about horrible pizza and lack of variety etc.

Does Mariner have the adults only areas on ship? Celebrity is not bad but last week some rude parents allowed their wild kids into the adult pool and it was a debacle.

Would appreciate your feedback. thank you

Hi, and thanks for your nice and complete review. Do you mind me asking your aprox age and how many cruises you and DH have been on? We are trying to decide about a RCCL vs Celebrity ( we're in our mid-50s and cruised alot on Celebrity but may be ready for achange).

Some of the member reviews for Mariner were pretty brutal. You seem to really love it. Is Johnny Rockets free or do you pay for that and for icecream. You sound like you had good food expereinces but others complain about horrible pizza and lack of variety etc.

Does Mariner have the adults only areas on ship? Celebrity is not bad but last week some rude parents allowed their wild kids into the adult pool and it was a debacle.

Would appreciate your feedback. thank you

This is our 4th cruise, all have been on Royal Caribbean.

I am 30, DH is 31.

We do not have any children, by choice so far, and while I love the little ones that belong to my friends and family; children of people I don't know tend to grate on my nerves, when they are screaming and running around. I hope no one takes offense to that, but I am an only child, and the next baby in our family just turned 10 yesterday, so I was not around little ones at all the first 20 years of my life. I tell you this to enforce the point that I am very sensitive to yelling, screaming, misbehaving kids.

The only time I even noticed there were children on the ship was mornings in the Windjammer. Kids were all hyper to get their day started, and seemed to be a bit louder than they should have been.

We always take late seating, also, and most of the children eat at first seating. This cruise, there were 4 children at a table near us at late seating, and they were the most well-behaved and polite children I have ever met.

That being said, the Solarium is adults only. There is a pool and 2 hot tubs there. I never once saw any kids in there, so, either they were abiding by the rules or the deck patrol shooed them out. It is a nice quiet area to lay out, read, nap, etc.

Johnny Rockets is free if you are a C&A member, the milkshakes are extra, and pretty yummy. There is free frozen yogurt on the pool deck near the Windjammer. There is a Ben & Jerry's on the promenade that is an extra cost.

Food on the Mariner is by no means gourmet. But, I didn't have to cook it, or clean up afterwards. They have things on the menu that we don't eat very often, so I feel like there is a variety there. Everyone has different standards for food, but I cannot tell you anything that we were completey disappointed in. There were things that I didn't care for, but I had nothing that was really bad--the room service pizza is probably the worst thing I had all week.

Please let me know if I can be of further help to you with any more questions you have. Yes, we do indeed love the Mariner.

Archived