Hotel in Kobe??

Live4cruises

I asked this on the Asia board, and have had only limited responses, so I thought I'd try here since HAL has changed from porting at Osaka to porting at Kobe. Thanks for any help!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in Kobe? We will be there 3 nights before our cruise that starts on March 26. We have reservations at Portopia, but only based on a web search, no one's personal experience. Any comments are more than welcome!

Thanks!

Am glad you put here. I too am on 3/26 cruise and finally Asia, and this cruise particularly I can't wait for.

I would recommend Okura Hotel. I arrive on 3/22 and was scheduled for 2 nights Kobe then 1 night Kyoto then 1 night Kobe.

My travel agent got me my rooms but they have good website. He strongly suggested that I spend 3 days in Kyoto and 1 night in Kobe. He got a room on a high floor which overlooks the cruise terminal and I enjoy waking up on the day of the sail to the ship I will be on. In Kyoto the room looks over a temple.

Think the hotel is a little bit more than some of the others but they have really good prices. Also, if you are up for the price I am told that they have the best Kobe beef and spa.

Your hotel looks top notch and that was my second choice but am told that the Okura chain is a Japanese chain and while modern and western still keep the Japanese flavor. The Okura is listed in the Eyewitness travel book but it does not show up too many places.

Hope that helps and I hope that if there are more of us that maybe they will see your thread. Ellie :p

I asked this on the Asia board, and have had only limited responses, so I thought I'd try here since HAL has changed from porting at Osaka to porting at Kobe. Thanks for any help!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in Kobe? We will be there 3 nights before our cruise that starts on March 26. We have reservations at Portopia, but only based on a web search, no one's personal experience. Any comments are more than welcome!

Thanks!

Archived