For those of you who like the Loreal Mineral Makeup

momofmeg

Krogers has it half price.

I have used both Bare Mineral and Loreal and I like both of them and find them very similiar. The Loreal is just less money.

So with Krogers having it half price- it is a super deal.

I also like the mineral eyeshadow-which was also half price-that and the mineral blush and all the mineral type makeup was on sale.

With it being half-price I stocked up!

I will have to check it out today.

Are the eyeshadows and blushes sparkley or matte?

Thanks.:)

Not realy sparkly but not matte either-in between. At least those I bought were. I guess if you wanted to sparkle like for formal night-you would need to buy something else. I like something that works for both day and night. I just put a little extra on at night.

I like them because they are a loose powder like the foundation and come with a small brush-just the right size for the eyes. I bought a lighter color for the corners of my eyes and just below the brows and a darker color for the crease. I bought the pale pale pink color (almost beige) and the darker lavender color shadows.

Perfect for me as my eyes are a hazel leaning toward brown and those colors help emphasize the green in my eyes instead of the brown. (what I want to show!)

Now I like to line my eyes in the darker color also-and for that I don't like the loose powder-so I still buy the powdered shadow in a block. I have that in a mauve color.

BTW the shadows are normally $9 but $4.50 this week until Friday I think.

I have a big thing of Indian Earth I use for blush/bronzer-so I did not buy an blush.

Thanks for your reply. I am 45 (and a half:D ) and I prefer matte cosmetics because it doesn't emphasize the wrinkles and pores as much.

My eyes are very sensitive so I rarely wear eye makeup of any kind unless it is a special occasion. However, I'd be willing to give mineral eyeshadow a try, especially if it's on sale.

Thanks for your reply. I am 45 (and a half:D ) and I prefer matte cosmetics because it doesn't emphasize the wrinkles and pores as much.

My eyes are very sensitive so I rarely wear eye makeup of any kind unless it is a special occasion. However, I'd be willing to give mineral eyeshadow a try, especially if it's on sale.

I do not go for the shimmery for the same reason-it makes me look older-I am in my 50's and about 8 years older then you as I turn 54 this summer.

but, I don't care for the matte either except in a powder over foundation.

but I do not have alot of lines yet-except for my crepy neck, now that is BAD-and I have always been good to use masks weekly so my pores are not enlarged.

Maybe if you tried just one color and if you like it-be sure and buy more before Friday. Then you have wasted just $4.50 if you hate it.

I guess though that depends how far away you live- if that would work- I live a mile form Kroger and that is where I do most of my grocery shopping so I am in there at least twice a week-every week. I bought one color, tried it, and then went back for more.

The Krogers here have it marked 20% off, not 50%. Darn.

I guess you may as well buy it at Walmart then. Their price is less then Kroger's regular price- I think $12.99 for the foundation compared to Kroger's $14.99.

The Krogers here runa the "buy one get one free" specials-but you can buy just one and get it half price-and right now they have all their Loreal stuff on the "buy One Get One Free". Since I like their mineral makeup stuff-I went for that.

I guess it varies by state or region-the "deals"?

To the one gal who likes the blush. Many years ago I bought Indian Earth off HSN-that was my first experience with mineral makeup. It was recomended as a blush and bronzer and some would use it even as eyeshadow though I never liked it as that.

The stuff lasted for years-and since it was in a shaker bottle I was not afraid to keep using it-I would just so often buy a new powder puff. I finially used it up and ofcourse by then HSN no longer carried it.

So one day I typed it in on Amazon and found they carried it. I got the bottle with shipping for around $25-and since this stuff lasts for years it is the best value to me.

But the Indian Earth is a pinkish brown in color-so if you do not like that color of blush-you would not like it.

I have skin that is not seriously dry, but when I bought mineral makeup it just didn't seem to look as good as I expected. I bought the "Sheer Cover" brand off the TV, and I used the moisturizer that came with it. I was so disappointed! :( This stuff is so popular now that I'm hoping someone has solved this issue and can give me tips.

Is another brand better or will I still have the same problem?

Next question. Can you use the mineral blush over a regular liquid foundation? Thanks!

I have normal skin so I guess I can't help. My duaghter has oily skin and at 23 she still has breakouts with her cycle. she feels this helps the breakouts over the liquid foundation.

You know my first experience with the mineral was the Indian Earth and yes I used liquid foundation with it-or actually I used the foundation that was more of a powdered creme that came in a compact. I think it was Max factor-not sure the brand as I hav e not used it now for almost 5 years and my poor brain just does not remember too much anymore. But I used that as foundation and then would use the Indian Earth as a bronzer and blush over it.

Since I have used mineral makeup for about 8 years now, perhaps some of you out there would like to know my take on it.

Started out using Bare Escentuals which I found to be a refreshing experience over using liquid foundation or that pressed version which is applied with a puff or pad. However, a couple of years ago, it came to my attention that the BE had a shine to it that did not appeal to me. About that time I also started to switch over to using organic and natural ingredient cosmetics.

During this process I began using Jane Iredale's Amazing Base which is also recommended by dermatologists. This product is more expensive than BE but very much worth the extra $10 or so and it has more of a matte finish. With most of these mineral makeups, a lot of women tend to use too much....in this case...less on the face is enough. However, when it comes to a blusher, I like the results which I get from a cream which is applied with a sponge.

In any case, like everything else in life, you get what you pay for!

I purchased some of this Loreal stuff a while back, but it's still sitting un used. :eek: :confused: :eek:

I need hints and advice on how to use it and how to judge how much etc. Those funny little tiny balls of stuff have me completely confused ! I have been just using a tinted moisterizer <sp?> for years and a light dusting of powder, but now need a bit more coverage.

Thanks for help !

Archived