Kandela Show

mresley

Help! Does anyone know if you have to book this through the cruise line? The web site has the show scheduled for that day, but we are hearing through boards you have to purchase through the ship. We'd like to go into town on our own then go to the show if it is possible. :confused:

we booked it through carnival. they show the times for 7, 7:30 or 8. the show starts at 9. we went at 7 and felt we were there too early and got bored walking around. the show was fun. i think the tickets with the bus shuttle to and from the show was in the 45 - 50. range. no one looked at our tickets when we got on the bus, they only took them at the theatre so i guess if you had them up front you might get a better deal. there is no roof over the theatre so if it rains and the show is cancelled i would think you would have a much easier time getting a refund from the ship. the excursions at dr were not offered until a couple weeks before we sailed.

We didn't do this through the cruise, but directly at the theatre. The cost for the show is $35, and I believe you can catch a free shuttle to the Altos de Chavon resort where the theatre is located, but I'm not 100% sure on that, as we hired a taxi for the entire evening as we had other stops on our agenda after the show.

Excellent show, definitely worth the visit.

We were there 5 years ago on Carnival. We booked thru the ship and for once I was glad we did. You might be able to find a cab and go there directly, however, I don't remember seeing private vans carrying groups of 10 to 12 people. It isn't a long ride, however, it is dark, without street lights and you have to go thru a gated entry. As I usually book my tours off ship, this is one I recommend booking thru the cruise line. By the way, the show was great. You can also purchase a very well made polo shirt at the show. We paid $10 for mine and it still looks much better than others I bought during the same time period.

Rich M

I would book it with the ship, because I don't think you can have a free shuttle bus. At that time of the evening the Shuttle bus are for the people who book with Carnival.

That's the only excursion we book with them and for once, for the little money you're gonna save and the trouble you'll go trough, book it with Carnival.

Great show.

Archived