Day in St. Thomas - St. John - Maho Beach

ryzmom

I think this question would be for Islanders -

I want to do so much when we visit St. Thomas, but I am afraid that I won't get to see and do everything that I want to. So, here are my questions:

I don't what pier the Mariner of the Seas will dock at, but how far is it from the pier to the top where everyone takes those great panoramic pics? I want to definitely do that....

Then, I want to go to Maho Beach and see the planes between 11 am - 1 pm. How far is it? Would it be best to rent a jeep and take a ferry over or take a cab all the time?

I would love to go to the beach or shopping and want to know what is the best - Magen's Bay?

I hate that everything has to be jam packed with things to do, but I am afraid that I will never get to go back again and I want to do and see everything that I can and know that I will love. I also want to do a little shopping at Cardow Jewelers - I heard it was awesome there!

Any suggestions for anything would be greatly appreciated!!!!

My email address is deana0473@aol.com if anything has anything else to add for me... thanks sooooo much!

Mariner of the Seas usually is docked in Havensight. Great panoramics... Skyline Drive and Drakes Seat are road side viewing points and Paradise Point and Mountain Top are viewing areas with shops/bar. If you did an island tour they typically stop at Skyline, Drakes Seat and Mountain Top.

No Maho Bay on St. Thomas. There is a Maho on St. John, which is part of the USVI and close to St. Thomas. You can take a ferry over to St. John. Since you mentioned planes though I think maybe you are looking for Maho on St. Martin? St. Martin being a different island/area.

Magens Bay is a beautiful beach. What are you looking for though... snorkeling, watersports, food/drink?

--Islander

Thanks Islander -

You are right! I did mentioned planes and I realize that I want to go to Maho Beach off of St. Martin.

So, in St. Thomas, I want to get some great pictures with our new camera of Magen's Bay and all the top picks that you mentioned. Would it be best to take a taxi or rent a Jeep to go where we want? I want to be able to see all of those sites and still be able to go shopping a little and maybe go to the beach and relax as well. We would love to rent some jet skis maybe and do a little bit on our own without a guide. I have learned from others that when you rent jet skis and do a tour, that you must stay in a straight line and follow each other. We have our own jet skis here at home, but want to do be able to go on the ocean and ride, ride, ride or stop when we want!

Shopping - is there a Burberry, Gucci, Coach or etc. to buy purses? Where is the best place to shop for namebrands?

You could take a taxi tour, many offer a couple hours of shopping, a couple hours tour and then a couple hours at a beach. However if you want to do your own thing on your own time then renting a car or jeep is an option too.

Jet Skis without guide; Sapphire or Coki. There are other beaches with jet skis but they are guided.

You can try Yacht Haven Grande for Coach and I think Gucci is there also.

--Islander

Archived