possible to upgrade after room assignment

gypsyrose

We booked a balcony guarantee and have not been assigned a room yet. Been watching the site for a month and the same cabins are still available as if none are selling. Such as 16 suites, 6 9a's and 10 cabins on the panorama deck which we love. We can pay $100 pp to upgrade to the panorama deck now, but hate to spend the $$$. Never know when that fairy will wave her wand and give us a suite. Only wishful thinking!! My ?? is....if I wait till assignment and get a cabin say on the upper deck, will I be able to pay the $100 pp to move to the panorama? That is by using dp3 and going by what I paid. I know, I rattled and it all sounds confusing. I like to gamble and see what I get, but I really like the panorama deck if I don't get that FAB upgrade everyone hopes for. HELP! What would you do??/

If you wait, you will pay the going rate at that time... the assignment will be made probably about 7 weeks out or so, and pricing could be higher the closer you get to your cruise. If you want something more than the category you are in, I'd pay for the upgrade now...

Archived