Lobster Question

I'mwithhim

OK I have a 'lobster" question.

What sort of lobster is it? I mean, is it "cold water" lobster with claws and tail or is is "warm water" lobster with no claws (rock lobster)?

Also... one other thing.. I have booked a "romance package" and on the form it asked for the delivery date. I put down the 24th, which is our first day at sea, not realizing that I will be pulling DH away from his favorite meal of lobster.. oooppss! There goes the romance part..:o

Can anyone tell me if the booking for dinner for the romance package be changed to a "non-lobster" night? Has anyone else ever changed their dinner booking for a romance package?

What sort of lobster is it? I mean' date=' is it "cold water" lobster with claws and tail or is is "warm water" lobster with no claws (rock lobster)?

Also... one other thing.. I have booked a "romance package" and on the form it asked for the delivery date. I put down the 24th, which is our first day at sea, not realizing that I will be pulling DH away from his favorite meal of lobster.. oooppss! There goes the romance part..:o

Can anyone tell me if the booking for dinner for the romance package be changed to a "non-lobster" night? Has anyone else ever changed their dinner booking for a romance package?[/quote']

Can't answer your lobster question as we missed it....we did have it in a specialty and it was live in tank....yum! You got to pick it out yourself!

We ordered the romance package last cruise and they have the champane and goddies in room when we checked in. They gave us a letter to take to Le Bistro or Soho for the dinner. We got to pick which night we wanted to go.

What sort of lobster is it? I mean' date=' is it "cold water" lobster with claws and tail or is is "warm water" lobster with no claws (rock lobster)?

Can anyone tell me if the booking for dinner for the romance package be changed to a "non-lobster" night? Has anyone else ever changed their dinner booking for a romance package?[/quote']

Hey Tanya...you can book Le Bistro any night you like....just remember to bring your coupon that will be in your room....everything else included in the romance package....wine, etc...will be delivered on the first sea day. Maybe they will set it up while you are at the meet & greet!!:D

Delivery date was for your champagne and strawberries....not for your dinner. You can make your dinner reservation for whatever day you like:)

Just off the Sun. They had two different kinds of lobsters. The lobster that was in the main dining room was rock lobster (no claws). Some people ordered two, since the tails were small, or they ordered the beef wellington as well. The lobster that was in the speciality restaurant was a whole lobster (with claws), but it was $30 to get that lobster. Also, 2.0 was not implemented yet, so there wasn't the "lobster galore" that I've been reading about.

Being from Cape Cod and have eaten a lobster or 2:D let me say that all the lobsters on the cruise ships are frozen before served. New England Lobsters are the best tasting in my opinion and are best served fresh NEVER frozen! The spine lobster (caribbean, warm water) lobster to me has less than a desirable taste. I understand that people from other areas of country do not get the pleasure of getting lobsters but this is just my opinion. Also $30.00 for a frozen lobster is not worth it, not just because it's previously frozen, but I am sure it's not more than a 1 1/2lb.

Being from Cape Cod and have eaten a lobster or 2:D let me say that all the lobsters on the cruise ships are frozen before served. New England Lobsters are the best tasting in my opinion and are best served fresh NEVER frozen! The spine lobster (caribbean, warm water) lobster to me has less than a desirable taste. I understand that people from other areas of country do not get the pleasure of getting lobsters but this is just my opinion. Also $30.00 for a frozen lobster is not worth it, not just because it's previously frozen, but I am sure it's not more than a 1 1/2lb.

Hey....I am from Martha's Vineyard....and I agree with you 100%!! I know I would not pay $30.00:) for a frozen lobster....especially since my Brother in law is a lobsterman!!!!:)

Hey....I am from Martha's Vineyard....and I agree with you 100%!! I know I would not pay $30.00:) for a frozen lobster....especially since my Brother in law is a lobsterman!!!!:)

I am not as close to the lobster as you are, but being in New England it is always available and I agree. I have always been surprised how excited people get on these boards about the lobster night, and I guess with 2.0 it will be every night. But with family in Colorado, I know it is much more exciting when it is not so readily available. But they still don't order it on ship because they know how good it is here in New England. Different strokes ... because as mentioned on another thread, I get excited when I go to a restaurant that will serve me grits with my breakfast since that is NOT so common around here. NCL has something for everyone.

Right!!!! Though I understand why people would splurge, but they are not getting the "real" lobster experience they deserve!;)

I'm confused. I didn't think that the surcharge for any of the specialty restaurants was $30. And that lobster was available in at least one of them. So why $30 for lobster?

There is a surcharge for the restaurant and another to actually order the lobster.

From your name, are you a boxer breeder? :o

Archived