Carnival Glory or the new Ruby Princess

shayausten

I need some help trying to pick a cruise for my family. I have three kids ages 15,11,5. My best friend is going with her husband and two kids also. We are going in Jan. and are interested in the Western Caribbean. The Ruby Princess will be about 3 months old by the time we went on it. The Carnival Glory is a bit cheaper. We are not really party people. We had thought about the Royal Caribbean but think we have narrowed it down to the above two choices. I am open to anything so I would love to hear the adivce of you experts out there. :)

I have not been on either, although I have looked at both. Carnival Glory is out of Port Canaveral, which is only a hop, skip, and jump from my home, so I have wanted to book it for some time. I like Carnival quite a lot, and have been on the Triumph, which has the same general layout and activities. My son loved the kid's club, the pools, and especially, the waterslide on Triumph. I have never been on a Princess cruise. However, I have spent the last few nights staring at the 2008 Princess guide, and looking at the deck plans for the Ruby Princess. Wow, it looks awesome. All things being equal, I would probably go for the Ruby and try to catch the Glory at a later date. Whichever you go for, I hope you have a great time!

Archived