alaska menus

msweeble1

Good question...we are on the Oosterdam in May and would be interested in peoples' analysis of the May Alaska menus. Anyone?

Jane

The May menus are no different from the June, July, August, and September ones.

But all may be different from anything that's posted on line (try cruiseclues.com) since its been a few months since any cruise ship has been to Alaska.

Probably your best clues will come from recent menus on any HAL ship - all of them work with the same basics.

I would believe that basics are the same, fleetwide! As far I know HAL will bring out new more contemporary menus for this AK season, which will reflect even more the area of cruising. They started doing this in all different areas they cruise...so Caribbean will get more of a Caribbean Flavours as well as Mexican more Mexican.

I think I am on the 2nd cruise of the AK season on the Oosterdam (Westerdam will have the same menu), since I am in a Deluxe Suite I do get the menus to take home anyhow and will post them on here for the rest of the season.

The menus include a lot of salmon in various forms. There is a salmon grill on the lido deck at lunch time while in Ketchikan and it is great! (Get there early). Seafood tends to rule the menu but it has a good variety of entrees. We have copies of the 9/26 Westerdam menus but I think they would be too old for your interest. Bring rain gear and at least a sweat shirt or two. Some folks bring and use hats and mittens early and late in the season. It's really a 2 climate cruise and weather can be hit or miss.

GN

Archived