shore excursions

sickofsnowinmich

Hi -our family DH, myself and two teenage girls are headed out on the Crown april 5 for the Southern Caribbean cruise. Any advice you can give on shore excursions would be helpful. Would love to snorkel with turtles, do a canopy tour and probably a beach day. But since it has snowed here alot all winter, we are just happy to be going somewhere with sun andwarm weather:D

Thanks!

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I am from Michigan too (Ann Arbor area) so I know exactly what you mean about the weather here. seems like every other day the clouds are spitting out snow. just enough to make a mess.....

which ports are you going to exactly? that will make it easier for people to give you ideas...also, you might want to look under "ports of call" threads...I got some good ideas from there.

Sue

Hi Nancy,

I can relate to the snow being from WI. What a winter! Anyway, just off Crown last Sat. and here's a "don't". Don't do the Malibu Beach Getaway thru Princess. We did it and while the beach is nice, the view to the left is all of an industrial area and the staff were very rude.

On the "do" list if you don't mind a little splurge, take the "Circle Antigua Catamaran" tour on Antigua. This is a 1st class excursion and the crew is as wonderful as the crew on the Crown. Part of the day includes a beautiful 2-3 hour private beach stop.

Have a wonderful time :)

Elizabeth K.

We did that itinerary. St. Thomas has a turtle snorkel. But a wonderful beach day also is a snorkle to St. Johns. We did a ship excursiona nd they picked us up right next to the ship, no having to get int town to find the ferry.

I'd also highly recommend a catamaran cruise to the Pitons in St. Lucia - it is just beautiful.

Hi -our family DH, myself and two teenage girls are headed out on the Crown april 5 for the Southern Caribbean cruise. Any advice you can give on shore excursions would be helpful. Would love to snorkel with turtles, do a canopy tour and probably a beach day. But since it has snowed here alot all winter, we are just happy to be going somewhere with sun andwarm weather:D

Thanks!

Nancy

Hi sickofsnowinmich - come on over and join the rollcall with us. There are two other folks from Michigan. We have some excursions set up already that you may be interested in for you DH and the girls. Hope you will join us I am starting you on page 90 to give you a flavor of who, what, where, etc.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=391363&page=90

Thanks!

Nancy

Love your moniker! Ain't it the truth? :D I'm in north-suburban Detroit where we had 18" of snow in three different storms while DH and I were cruising the Caribbean on the Emerald Princess 2/4-2/14.

I'm sure you and your family will love the Crown. Bon Voyage!

Chris

Many cruisers may know about this, but I have never mentioned this before on a discussion board. A few years ago, we on a cruise which stopped in St Thomas. I had heard from a friend about a daysail out of Red Hook Harber in St Thomas, so we signed up. Words can't describe how wonderful a trip this was. Sharon Allen owns a 40 yr old racer that she uses to take a maximum of six people on a short sail over to St John. We snorkeled around sea turtles, rays, and a zillion fish, had lunch on the sailboat, snorkeled some more than then sailed back to Red Hook. This was a fantastic trip for our family and I can't recommend it enough. You will not be disappointed.

Dave Tolman

Norcross, GA

http://www.sailwinifred.com/

Many cruisers may know about this, but I have never mentioned this before on a discussion board. A few years ago, we on a cruise which stopped in St Thomas. I had heard from a friend about a daysail out of Red Hook Harber in St Thomas, so we signed up. Words can't describe how wonderful a trip this was. Sharon Allen owns a 40 yr old racer that she uses to take a maximum of six people on a short sail over to St John. We snorkeled around sea turtles, rays, and a zillion fish, had lunch on the sailboat, snorkeled some more than then sailed back to Red Hook. This was a fantastic trip for our family and I can't recommend it enough. You will not be disappointed.

Dave Tolman

Norcross, GA

http://www.sailwinifred.com/

Hey Northender....how is my home town of Boston???

I grew up in Arlington.....just moved to Michigan a couple of years ago. boy do I miss the ocean! For once, our weather out here is almost as bad as what you guys get back there! although, everytime we get 2 inches, you guys usually get 6".....

Looking forward to heading south....

Sue

Hi soos1, we lived in Arlington for a while from 83 - 90. (Philemon Street.)

Originally from Belmont and now live in Bedford (have not gone far) :D

We have a few folks from Michigan on our rollcall and they are sick and tired of the snow......

I would really miss the ocean too.

Ok, how weird is this....you are one of the few people in the world who would know where this is: I grew up on James Street.(about 4 houses up from where it intersects Philemon St).! When I was little we used to sled down Sky Line Drive.....pretty scary when you got to the bottom....

I moved out in '81, when I got married...then we sold my parents home in 2002..

small, small world..

sorry to hijack the thread!

Sue

Small world. Maybe we will cruise together someday.

The OP on this thread is on our cruise and I invited them over, but I know a lot of folks don't like that type of thing.

Anyway, the thread is no longer hijacked......:D

See you around the forums

PS. If you came down Skyline, and just kept 'er on a right lean, you would have gone down our driveway......

Archived