What to do in Seattle with limited time

glee87

Hi, my husband and I are flying into Seattle on 5/20. Our flight arrives at 10:00 PM. What is the most convenient and inexpensive way to get to our hotel? We are staying at The Moore Hotel. Also, by the time we get to our hotel and check in, it will probably be around midnight, are there any good eating places still open?

On 5/21 we are planning to check out the Seattle Waterfront and Pike Place Market. Do we have time for this? What times do these places open? We have till 12:00pm since we are going to Vancouver.

Finally, on 6/04, after our cruise we are flying into Seattle at 11:00am.

We have the rest of the day to explore Seattle. What should we see?

We will be flying home the next day 6/05 in the am. We are staying at the Moore Hotel again. And also, I am interesed in this place called 88 Key to see the dueling piano. Are they open that night?

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

TIA!

Gina

If you are staying at the Moore, I would be careful about venturing out after midnight. I can't think of any restaurants that would be open anywhere near that late at night (most close between 9 and 10), other than the bars and the clubs in Belltown down on 1st Av, and I would not recommend going down there--it can get pretty rowdy toward closing time/last call.

Even Restaurants to Go (http://www.restaurantstogo.com ), which delivers to hotels downtown doesn't do so much after 10 pm.

As for the Market and the Waterfront and making it back to the airport by 12:00, since it is a midweek day, you will likely need to be leaving downtown between 10 and 10:30 at the absolute latest. The Market does not open until 10:00 am during the week for the upper level stores and 11:00 am for the lower level stores, though you may find some of the farm type vendors there before official opening time.

Shops on the waterfront vary in their hours. Most open early on the heavy touristy days (i.e. Friday through Sunday), and later during the midweek. If there is some place specific that you want to see/go to, it is probably possible to find out for you what their hours will be in mid-May.

Plan to see whatever you miss when you come back, and consider the Underground Tour, Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Garden, and such with whatever other time you have available.

I didn't think they were open that late during the week, but apparently they are open til 1 am, which is good for you if you can walk down there that quickly after a midnight arrival. Just checked on my way by, so that is up to date hours.

If you choose to walk out in downtown at that hour, just be vigilant to your surroundings at all times and all should be well.

Archived