French Quarter Festival

jgmpuma

• 1 month later...

Hey Sulcrey!! You are certainly closing in on your departure on the Fantasy! Im so jealous! We had a blast on ours! I turned 26 the last night of our cruise, our waiter and a few others sang Happy Birthday to me... It was great! I will have pics and a review soon!

Anyway,We are now 2 days from heading to Nawlins!!! Quick qestion for ya..... I forgot to write down the clubs on Bourbon you suggested our party of 10 girls age 25 to 26 going to..... Would you mind telling me again?? We are staying on St. Joseph so from what I can tell we have a bit of a walk to Bourbon!! Maybe taking a cab is the better choice:)

Thanks for all your suggestions!

I'm sure Sulcrey has more suggestions but I would suggest Cat's Meow and Razzoos. I definitely recommend the piano bar at Pat Obreins.

I think you would be ok walking from St Joseph to the French Quarter during the day but it is a fairly long walk. You might want to walk toward the river to the riverfront streetcar and just cab back at night.

Hey Sulcrey!! You are certainly closing in on your departure on the Fantasy! Im so jealous! We had a blast on ours! I turned 26 the last night of our cruise, our waiter and a few others sang Happy Birthday to me... It was great! I will have pics and a review soon!

Anyway,We are now 2 days from heading to Nawlins!!! Quick qestion for ya..... I forgot to write down the clubs on Bourbon you suggested our party of 10 girls age 25 to 26 going to..... Would you mind telling me again?? We are staying on St. Joseph so from what I can tell we have a bit of a walk to Bourbon!! Maybe taking a cab is the better choice:)

Hey thanks infinity.

Which should we go to first? Around 7 ish we are suppose to do the cemetary tour but I have heard this really isnt all that exciting.. I know we are going to Cafe Dummond at one point.. I just want to make sure we are going to be able to enjoy NO. the best we can in the short time we have.

We are going for a bachelorette party..and the bride to be is definately the partying type, so mainly the night life will be our main focal point.

That's probably a good time to start at Pat O'breins piano bar (any later and it may be too packed to get a group in) with a few hurricanes and then head to Cat's Meow for karaoke. Then ending up dancing at Razzoos. I've never been on a cemetary tour so I can't really say if they are fun or not. I don't think I would enjoy it but I'm sure some do.

Have fun... :D

Hey thanks infinity.

Which should we go to first? Around 7 ish we are suppose to do the cemetary tour but I have heard this really isnt all that exciting.. I know we are going to Cafe Dummond at one point.. I just want to make sure we are going to be able to enjoy NO. the best we can in the short time we have.

We are going for a bachelorette party..and the bride to be is definately the partying type, so mainly the night life will be our main focal point.

Hey SELUCREY!! You are certainly closing in on your departure on the Fantasy! Im so jealous! We had a blast on ours! I turned 26 the last night of our cruise, our waiter and a few others sang Happy Birthday to me... It was great! I will have pics and a review soon!

Hey! Yep, this will be our third trip on The fantasy, can't wait!

Now, The best places would be (in order)..

Pat O's for one hurricane.

Cat's Meow early afternoon for kareoke and three-for-one drinks 'till 8

Razoo's (three-fers also)

Bourbon Street Blues Co.

Bourbon Cowboy (you have to ride the bull)

Krazy Korner (good balcony upstairs)

Don't forget to get a Lucky Dog at some point. They are great at soaking up alcohol (and making a mess)

A good place to eat during the day is The Gumbo Shop

We will be at Cat's about 3 and Tropical Isle beach Club around 5 or so Saturday.

Please take a cab after dark, K?

Ok now I am totally confused!! Who is Selucrey Dan and I am pretty sure I replied to you back in March about the fantasy.......

I think because both of your myspace are in your signature, I looked at his my space back in march not yours....so when I went to pull it up i saw yours and was like who the heck is that!????

Anyway, now Im more up to date on things....I think! hehhe!

I guess I should do my homework before replying and/or posting....

Hope to see you guys out there!

LMAO! Maybe so.:D This is me allright.One of the MS pages is mine and the other is my Krewe's page. I have some pics of some of the places I mentioned on my MySpace page.

Hey! Yep, this will be our third trip on The fantasy, can't wait!

Now, The best places would be (in order)..

Pat O's for one hurricane.

Cat's Meow early afternoon for kareoke and three-for-one drinks 'till 8

Razoo's (three-fers also)

Bourbon Street Blues Co.

Bourbon Cowboy (you have to ride the bull)

Krazy Korner (good balcony upstairs)

Don't forget to get a Lucky Dog at some point. They are great at soaking up alcohol (and making a mess)

A good place to eat during the day is The Gumbo Shop

We will be at Cat's about 3 and Tropical Isle beach Club around 5 or so Saturday.

Please take a cab after dark, K?

I agree with all his recommendations. He's been my unofficial tour guide for years & we've had some great times on Bourbon Street :eek: ....with more to come soon. :D

Razoo's is Nola's headquarters for bachelorette parties. :p Ya'll will have a blast. Just remember....What happens in Nola....stays in Nola. ;)

I agree with all his recommendations. He's been my unofficial tour guide for years & we've had some great times on Bourbon Street :eek: ....with more to come soon. :D

Razoo's is Nola's headquarters for bachelorette parties. :p Ya'll will have a blast. Just remember....What happens in Nola....stays in Nola. ;)

That we have! :D 20 sumpin days and we do it again!:p

WHOOOO HOOOOO!! 27 hours till NOLA bound!

A blast is sure to be had by all!!

Thanks to everyone...ie..selucrey,(sorry for the confusion), infiniti...and brenda1, for all of the recommendations!

Not excited now are we?:D

I just talked to a friend of mine, if you gals do decide to stop by The Tropical Isle Beach Club, I can set up a "surprise" for the Bride-to-be.;)

ie: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2769771600091951123FUPEIQ

I was looking at some of your pics! Whose beautiful house!!? Just gorgeous!

Well, what time will you guys be there and where is it?

I am pretty sure we are not doing the graveyard tour...thank goodness! So we will prob be at Pat Os maybe around 7ish, hopefully sooner as I am sure everything will be even more so packed due to the FQ fest right? ..

That's what the plan is so far....but you know how it is.... getting all the girls together for the first time in about a year.....you never know!

What kind of org. are you guys anyway?? Just curious..

oh yea..... about the other pics.... Looks like you guys really live up to letting the good times roll!!

Yes we do. We are a Second-Line walking Krewe. We are in several area Mardi Gras parades in addition to Shreveport and a couple of times in Atlanta. We may do one in Mobile next year.

That big-ol' house is Houmas House, an Antebellum Plantation. A single guy lives there with his Mom and several dogs. That's where "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" and several other movies and series have been filmed.

We should be at the TIBC about 5:30 or so. We will be at Cat's Meow before that I'm sure. The TIBC is across the street from The Old Opera House and on the opposite corner from The Inn On Bourbon hotel (about a half-block from Razoo's)It's the small green building on the right with the oval sign.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2524904010066904680DknQDS

Yes, the French Quarter is usually packed for the FQF. There will be several stages set up throughout The Quarter with bands etc.

Thats awesome! Shreveport is around my old stomping grounds- .... I am originally from Many, La...my whole family still lives there...I know not saying much but I am in fact a proudly born Louisianan!!

Anyway...hope to see you guys there!!!!

Thats awesome! Shreveport is around my old stomping grounds- .... I am originally from Many, La...my whole family still lives there...I know not saying much but I am in fact a proudly born Louisianan!!

Anyway...hope to see you guys there!!!!

I have been to Many a few times. It always had something to do with fishing.:D

Have a safe trip!

Archived