Laundry Costs?

Fun Loving

Thanks for this info. I just printed it out. I know I'll have to have our laundry done while on our cruise this fall.

We cruised with HAL last year, and they have an unlimited package. We paid $70 for a ten-day cruise, and could have any amount of laundry done. No dry cleaning, just laundry. It was GREAT. I went home with clean clothes. In fact, I still find the little yellow stickers on some items ocassionally. I wish X would copy HAL in this.

Shay

I agree, I usually don't even bother having my stuff done at home, I just pack it and give it to the steward the first day....

I do that, too. For instance, my suit needs to be cleaned but instead of having it cleaned her and then wondering if it will just get wrinkled on the flight, I have it cleaned there. Perfect.

Like osie, I did enjoy HAL's unlimited laundry program. They told you that the unlimited program meant that your clothes could take up to 48 hours to come but ours were always back much faster, usually the same day. That said, I had a dickens of a time with HAL, trying to get them to stop billing me separately for each order. Finally, I spoke to a supervisor and in wiping out all my laundry charges, she wiped out my dry-cleaning ones as well. Sometimes, you have to like inefficiency.

By the way, my underwear have never travelled in such style. I sent some out to be laundered and they came back in a wicker basket, wrapped in tissue.

I'm sure those of you looking at this thread probably observed the most recent thread war on self-service laundry on X.

One of the last posts (and I can't remember by who) was suggesting ways to find a way to compromise.

Never been on HAL. Do they actively encourage "save the towels", i.e. use the same towels the next day if possible. Seems like a very European thing to do and would almost allow them to do the free laundry thing. Two towels is probably 4x the volume of what we would normally launder per day.

Sounds like a win/win - are you listening X?

I'm actually glad X's drycleaning fees are so reasonable as I cannot imagine spending a thousand or so dollars on a vacation and then spending time in a laundry room.

Not only can I imagine it, I've done it, many times. My husband and I do it together. It saves money and space in the luggage.

Archived