Portable pool for infants?

DaisyGirl55

I have read where several parents have brought a small portable pool for their infants to splash in. We are taking our adult kids and our grandkids on a family cruise in September...the two grandkids will be 19 months and 9 months.

My question is this: Is this the only way for my babies to play in the water? I know they cannot go in the pool, and I agree with infants swimming in a pool that are not potty-trained....I just was not sure if there were some more family-friendly ships that had a place for infants to swim or splash around in the water. Disney probably does, but I cannot swing their prices and pay for the family to all go.

Any thoughts?

Yes Disney Magic/Wonder both have infant splash areas.

Also, RCCL Freedom/Liberty/Independece of the Seas has the Baby Zone as part of the H20 zone.

Here is the Baby Zone...

FOScopy.jpg

And here is the rest of the H20 zone for the kids who are potty trained.

IMG_0724.jpg

And here is where I sat my butt in the morning (Adult Only Solarium) when the kids wanted to go to Adventure Ocean...lol

IMG_0863-1.jpg

The Grand Princess has a "whale" pool that was suitable for my 2 1/2 year old. It has sprinklers in the "mouth" of the whale and then the tail has a small pool- maybe 2 feet deep at most. My little guys enjoyed it very much and there were NO signs saying that swim diapers were not allowed (in fact, there was a changeroom nearby that had a pail for "swim diapers" specifically). I believe they drain the pool regularly and we saw staff come by quite often to check the water quality. The Star Princess also had a similar pool, but it was not in the shape of a whale, just a small pool right outside the kids area. My little guy really enjoyed both!

Happy cruising!:D

I am heading out with my DW, and 2 boys ages 6 years and 10 months old on the RCCL Mariner of the Seas. This is our very first cruise and although I have a ton of questions, I am trying to search for the answers first before posting my questions. However when I noticed this topic I had to ask, if we bring a blow up pool for our little guy where can we get the water to fill it up? Can we just dip it in the pool and get a little bit of water? What about when we need to empty it. I am sure they don't want us to throw it over the side or to dump it back in the pool (defeats the purpose of not allowing the little ones in the pool to begin with) Any help is appreciated.

I am heading out with my DW, and 2 boys ages 6 years and 10 months old on the RCCL Mariner of the Seas. This is our very first cruise and although I have a ton of questions, I am trying to search for the answers first before posting my questions. However when I noticed this topic I had to ask, if we bring a blow up pool for our little guy where can we get the water to fill it up? Can we just dip it in the pool and get a little bit of water? What about when we need to empty it. I am sure they don't want us to throw it over the side or to dump it back in the pool (defeats the purpose of not allowing the little ones in the pool to begin with) Any help is appreciated.

I've read in other posts that people get a bucket from the bar meant for beer and fill and empty the pool this way. I think that most people fill the pool from the main pool. You should know that RCCL pools are salt water and hot tubs are fresh. There are drains all over the place on deck meant for draining any excess water. You can empty it down the drains. I plan on doing this on our cruise on Grandeur this summer for my one year old. We have a balcony cabin. I may also use a bucket to fill and drain the pool for balcony use.

Hi,

We just got off the Constellation, and there was a family with an infant and a blow up pool. It was put near the regular pool in a sunny spot, and the crewmembers or parents filled it each morning (I am pretty sure) using a hose. It was great because the parents got to hang out at the pool with their child. It didn't take up alot of space either. Nobody on the pool deck seemed to mind.

Hope this helps,

Kim

I've read in other posts that people get a bucket from the bar meant for beer and fill and empty the pool this way. I think that most people fill the pool from the main pool. You should know that RCCL pools are salt water and hot tubs are fresh. There are drains all over the place on deck meant for draining any excess water. You can empty it down the drains. I plan on doing this on our cruise on Grandeur this summer for my one year old. We have a balcony cabin. I may also use a bucket to fill and drain the pool for balcony use.

Yep, exactly! You can bring your own bucket (or like khm said get a bucket from the bar) and take water from the pool. Then empty it down the drain. And if the Mariner has a shower on deck you can empty it into the shower drain.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks everyone! I am definitely packing a small blow-up pool. Now that summer is approaching, I should be able to find it at either Target or Walmart.

So looking forward to spending a week with my sons, their wives, and my 2 beautiful grandbabies. My friends have asked me if I was crazy to cruise with babies, but I tell them that if it means a week of family time uninteruppted by work and everyday obligations...a week of visitng ports and eating dinner together each night...a week of making memories to carry with us forever...than yes! I am crazy! And glad to be able to do this for my family!

Cruise on!

We did exactly that-filled it from the main pool with a bucket from the bar and emptied it in the drains-people really got a kick out of it...you will love cruising with the grandbabies-this is the second time with my mom and she loves having all of that uninterrupted time with the kids, but adult things to do at night!

Thank you for all of the help in regards to the pool, we will have one for our little guy and can't wait to see the smile on his face while he splashes away. We are certainly looking forward to our first family vacation as 4. This board has me so excited for cruising we are debating booking one for next year, but I think we will hold off and see how this one goes first.

Thank you for all of the help in regards to the pool, we will have one for our little guy and can't wait to see the smile on his face while he splashes away. We are certainly looking forward to our first family vacation as 4. This board has me so excited for cruising we are debating booking one for next year, but I think we will hold off and see how this one goes first.

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruise addiction. There are worse addictions to have. ;) :)

Archived