Nightwind

Fun Loving

We Will Be In St Thomas On Our Cruise On The Connie And We Have Reservations On The Nightwind. When We Get Back I Will Post A Review Of The Trip. I Have Read Nice Things On This Board About This Trip. If You Go To The Right Top Where It Says Search This Forum And Click On It And Type In Nightwind It Will Bring Up Posts About It. Happy Cruising

We Will Be In St Thomas On Our Cruise On The Connie And We Have Reservations On The Nightwind. When We Get Back I Will Post A Review Of The Trip. I Have Read Nice Things On This Board About This Trip. If You Go To The Right Top Where It Says Search This Forum And Click On It And Type In Nightwind It Will Bring Up Posts About It. Happy Cruising

Our cruise is March 23; when is yours? Thanks for the info.

Hello, We sailed on Nightwind Wednesday Feb 20, 2008. We took an open air taxi for the beautiful ride (30 minutes) to Sapphire Beach. There were ten of us on this great boat for 5.5 hours. Our captain was Doug and Renee was the first mate. Upon arriving at the dock, we located Nightwind on the far side. We got on the boat, stowed our gear, got drinks, filled out the necessary paperwork, and had a short orientation. Then we got underway, sailing for around 2 hours (what a hoot). We choose to go to one snorkle site at St. Johns stayed there for a couple of hours, snorkling and socializing. We took a break for an outstanding luncheon, played in the water again then sailed back to Sapphire Beach.

We saw rays, turtles, squid, grouper and of course lots of great tropical fish. The majority of the sailboats in St. T are for 6 or less. There are less choices if you are more than 6 and want to be on the same boat. Nightwind was a great choice for us. No doubt about it, I would sail with Nightwind again. Pat

Funloving, I See You Are In Va Beach, So Are We. We Are Leaving This Thurs For Our Cruise On Friday. Our Trip On Nightwind Is Next Monday So When We Return Which Will Be On Mon 3/10 I Will Post A Review

Yes, I am in Va. Beach. What ship are you going on? What ports of call?

We Are Sailing On The Celebrity Constellation .we Leave On Friday For 10 Days. St Thomas, St Kitts, Barbados, St Lucia And St Marten.

I booked with them today for March 26. We will be on the Mellinium. Please tell Steve that Windee is looking forward to their trip. I will be anxious to see what you thought of the trip. How many are in your group? We have 8 and I'm trying to figure out the most economical way to get from the peir to Red Hook.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Nightwind on 2/26/08 and had a fantastic time. We found out late on the 25th that our ship (Triumph) was going to be an hour late getting into port. We contacted Steve via cell phone and he said he would wait for us, no problem. We had arranged transportation through Island Marketing for 10/pp round trip. This is about half what you will pay for the taxis that are waiting at the pier. The taxi was waiting for us and brought us to the Nightwind. The day was absolutely perfect. We had great food and drinks, the snorkeling was good and the weather ideal. We were a group of 8 with 4 children. The kids enjoyed the day as well. Captain Steve and Renee were superb.

Hello, We sailed on Nightwind Wednesday Feb 20, 2008. We took an open air taxi for the beautiful ride (30 minutes) to Sapphire Beach. There were ten of us on this great boat for 5.5 hours. Our captain was Doug and Renee was the first mate. Upon arriving at the dock, we located Nightwind on the far side. We got on the boat, stowed our gear, got drinks, filled out the necessary paperwork, and had a short orientation. Then we got underway, sailing for around 2 hours (what a hoot). We choose to go to one snorkle site at St. Johns stayed there for a couple of hours, snorkling and socializing. We took a break for an outstanding luncheon, played in the water again then sailed back to Sapphire Beach.

We saw rays, turtles, squid, grouper and of course lots of great tropical fish. The majority of the sailboats in St. T are for 6 or less. There are less choices if you are more than 6 and want to be on the same boat. Nightwind was a great choice for us. No doubt about it, I would sail with Nightwind again. Pat

I can't say anything but DITTO for what Pat has said. We had a full day...picked up the Nightwind at Sapphire at 9 am (our group was 7 - there were 2 other sets of 2 on board - 11 was a perfect number of people - very uncrowded) and returned at 4:30. Service was great. We sailed towards Caneel Bay due to conditions. No rays but tuttle, squid, tarpin, and incredible coral and fish. I have some awesome coral and fish shots in case anyone is interested from St. Johns. On our 9 island cruise hopper on the Noordam over the holidays, we did 6 boat rentals from power to sail to catamaran. In the rankings, the Nightwind came in an easy #2, with only the powerboat Aswesome Too in St. Maarten scoring slightly higher because of places able to reach. The Aristocat catamaran in Tortola was a close #3, then far behind was a catamaran in Barbados, a sailboat in Grenada & "something" in the Cayman Islands.

You will have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

Im Mot Usually A Person Who Will Complain But Our Daysail On Nightwind Was A Disappointment. I Called And Spoke To Capt Steve On Friday To Reconfirm And He Asked Me To Call On Monday When We Got Off The Ship. Our Instructions Said To Be At The Dock Between 9 And 930 We Left The Ship At 840 We Were Told To Get In Line To Get On A Taxi But By The Time We Got To The Door The Taxi Was Full We Were Directed To The Next Taxi And We Were The Only Ones In This Taxi, The Driver Didnt Want The Leave With Only 2 People After About 15 Minutes We Started To Carry On About Being Late. He Finally Left With Only 4 People In His Taxi. I Called Steve's Cell Phone Twice And Left Messages. We Got To The Marina At 935. The Capt Of The Nightwind (which Wasnt Steve) Was Very Rude And Sarcastic Throuhout The Whole Trip. The Sail Over Was Very Exciting And We Realyy Enjoyed It. Lunch Was A Joke , Baked Chicken Legs And Pasta Salad. Not Enough Of Either. And The Open Bar Was Barely Open. I Have Done A Catamarran Daysail I Think It Might Have Been Heavenly Days Which Was Far Superior. All In All I Feel We Did Not Get Good Value For Our Money

Should have booked the Rumbaba:D We were docked at Crown Bay and hit traffic going over to Red Hook I called Bobby on our way over- they waited for us, there was no sarcasm and we had a gourmet lunch with unlimited drinks along with terrific snorkeling

I do recommend that when booking a daysail out of Red Hook that you pre-arrange transportation. We always use Donovan when in St Thomas- no waiting for a bus to fill up. and he'll be waiting for you when you get off the charter. His home # is 340 775 2729 and his cell is 340 998 9021

We dock at Havensight, I believe, on the Explorer of the Seas... April 16 to be exact!:) We are sailing on Rumbaba, and have reserved the boat for 6 of us (traveling together)...:p

Do you think Donovan would be interested in taking us there, and back and if so, does his vehicle accomodate 6 passengers..??

I am always willing to pay a little extra for 'good service' and convenience..:D

We dock at Havensight, I believe, on the Explorer of the Seas... April 16 to be exact!:) We are sailing on Rumbaba, and have reserved the boat for 6 of us (traveling together)...:p

Do you think Donovan would be interested in taking us there, and back and if so, does his vehicle accomodate 6 passengers..??

I am always willing to pay a little extra for 'good service' and convenience..:D

I don't think it would be a problem. Call him to see if he's available. His rate won't be any more than you'd pay for a regular cab... it might be better

We'll be spending the day with him on his birthday 3/31 :D

THANX...! I'll give him a call before the weekend, and see if he can help us out! :) Thanx for the info...:p

We are 'sailing' rain or shine, as long as we get to port, and there is no hurricane :eek: , so we'd be a guaranteed fare..:D ;)

I just read your report & had to let you (and others) know about our day sail. We sailed on Sunday, 3/17 with Captain Pat on Ike Witt Charters. It was fantastic! Captain Pat is amazing. He takes no more than 6 people and he shows you a wonderful time. He sails from American Yacht Harbor and he gives you a full days tour. My husband and I were the only ones with him on the boat on Sunday. Another group of 4 called and asked him to wait for them, but he refused because it would make us wait too long.

He picks the spots to visit according to the weather and the wind. He also will let you help sail and he gives great lessons. My husband had a ball doing this. I sat back and relaxed while they did the sailing.

The food was great and healthy. We had a huge plate of fresh fruit mid-morning before our first snorkeling stop and then had a great chicken Caesar salad for lunch. He had a true open bar. We could have as much to drink as we wanted. I loved his rum punch!

On our second snorkel, he got in the water with us and showed us where to find the best sights. We saw lots of coral, big turtles, little turtles, and other marine life. I could go on and on. If you google Ike Witt Charters, you will find his web site. You can also learn more about his trips if you search these St. Thomas boards for Ike Witt.

Archived