suggestions getting 6 people from boston to Bayonne

lostatsea2

Hello, I am looking into the best transportation for 6 of us to travel from Boston to Bayonne. We are coming in the night before the cruise. So far renting a 12 passenger van from Avis looks to be the best bet. Can anyone tell me if the closest Avis agent is at Newark Airport or is there one closer that may have a shuttle to the port. I believe it would be about $40 to return to the port from their. Any suggestions would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I live in the Boston area and travel all around the East Coast. I assume at this point, you can't just fly into a NYC or NJ airport? Assuming that is the case, I would expect that renting a car/van would be cheapest. You can definitely return an Avis car at the Newark airport..not sure about any shuttle to Bayonne tho. Maybe the driver could drop the gang at the port and then two of you could return the car and take a cab.

You may want to consider taking Amtrak. The train is far more predictable and relaxing than dealing with the drive all the way from Boston to NJ. It stops in Newark and at Newark airport. You could take cabs from the train station to the port. While it's not far in miles, you can hit traffic around all these metropolitan areas (Boston, Providence, New Haven, NYC, the bridges etc) and it can be backed up. It would stress me out BIG time to have that drive the day of a cruise.

Let me know if you have any other questions...good luck!

Lynne

Hello, I am looking into the best transportation for 6 of us to travel from Boston to Bayonne. We are coming in the night before the cruise. So far renting a 12 passenger van from Avis looks to be the best bet. Can anyone tell me if the closest Avis agent is at Newark Airport or is there one closer that may have a shuttle to the port. I believe it would be about $40 to return to the port from their. Any suggestions would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Have you looked here. :)

http://www.enttours.com/trips.cfm?categoryid=2

Please excuse my ignorance but is Bayonne where the Brooklyn cruise port is?

Thanks

No, Bayonne is inthe state of New Jersey. The Brooklyn Cruise Port is in Brooklyn which is a bourrough of New York City in New York state. However they are only about 13 miles apart.

To the OP, have you looked into Greyhound Bus service?

Archived